SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyintexas

Beward the symptoms of Garden Fever

happyintexas
16 years ago

A curious malady hits me about this time every year. I get flushed, my heart races, my breath comes fast, my eyes glaze over....It is the first attack of garden fever.

Typically GF attacks a person who's resistance is down. Gray days, cold temps, and brown, crunchy grass tend to weaken the suseptible person.

Daffodils are popping here. During a day of warm temps while I was pruning the roses, I was overcome with garden fever. New beds! New shrubs! New perenniels! New annuals! Hardscape here, a new gazebo there.....

In my mind, I dug up more than half of our acre. A red bed over there, a sweep of a new rose hedge there...a new bed out by the driveway...

There is no way I'd be able to plant out that much (this year, anyway!) or keep it up without some thought about watering.

But, boy, oh boy, with the sun warm on my skin and new growth on the roses....I wanted a tiller, a van load of new plants, and dump truck full of fine garden soil....

Unfortunately, GF is a little like malaria...once you have it, it only goes dormant and lays in wait for your system to weaken to flare up.

I can hardly wait until the next bout.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Soul

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living