SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnywatson_gw

Noticing Perimenopause Symptoms - Armpit Pain?

BunnyWatson
9 years ago

Hi all,

This is my first time posting to this forum. I am turning 40 in a few months and have been noticing some changes that are likely related to perimenopause (i.e. decreased libido, heavier periods, increased anxiety). I've talked to my doctor (gp) and she says I'm too young to be entering perimenopause with which I don't agree. I have an appt with my gyn in a few weeks and I hope to have more of an informative discussion then. Until then, I've been a little concerned with another symptom I've been having for the past month - a sore and aching armpit. It sounds so strange - it feels like a cross between irritation and a pulled muscle in my right armpit. Feels swollen though isn't swollen. Feels irritated though no redness or bumps. No swollen lymph nodes and bloodwork was all normal. Doc sent me for a (3D) mammogram and ultrasound and all was normal. I even went to a breast surgeon for a second opinion and her breast exam and review of the films indicated no concern. I'm exploring the possibility it could be a muscle strain and met with an orthopaedist who thinks it could be that or perhaps pain radiating from a cervical disc herniation. I'm taking oral steroids and starting pt in two weeks which I hope will help. I did read that armpit and breast pain could be a symptom of perimenopause and I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced something similar and what helped or didn't. I'm getting a little worried and am just hoping this goes away soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (107)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor