SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Sacroiliac pain: What did you do about it?

Alisande
8 years ago

I think over the years some of you have posted about suffering with sacroiliac pain, possibly having spread to the hip or leg. Or maybe I'm confusing it with posts about sciatica, which is different.

In any case, I've got the former. It started out localized in my sacroiliac joint, and at first chiropractic treatments helped, at least temporarily. I was hoping "temporarily" would turn into "permanently," so I went back for weekly treatments. But then the pain spread into my hip, and the treatments no longer helped.

My regular doctor (MD) ordered x-rays of my hip and pelvis, which just showed inflammation and arthritis. He suggested taking ibuprofen. Meanwhile, the pain is getting steadily worse. I feel as though I have to lie down once a day, but doing so, even for 15 minutes, makes it much more severe when I get up.

I'm going to go back to the doctor, maybe ask him to order physical therapy. I know the problem can be caused by poor alignment, which I definitely have: scoliosis, etc. I hope somebody can do something.

Have you experienced this problem? What helped you? Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH