SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Spinning

lucillle
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So you get on this indoor bicycle and watch these spin videos of skinny 20 year olds who do all this exercise on their indoor bikes and for short periods stand up while pedaling as well, for an hour. After ten minutes doing this stuff I was dyin'. In one of the videos there are a bevy of about 10 women spinning and not an ounce of extra fat between all 10 of them, and they smiled the entire video while they were exercising. I do not smile, it is hard and miserable (now, maybe it will be more fun after I get used to it)

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single spin, so I'm doing my 10 minutes and will eventually work up to more.

The music helps, I have several different DVDs but all the music is upbeat and energetic. I can definitely see the appeal to this indoor spinning stuff though (although I do like bicycling) - no cars to run you over or dogs to try to bite you, and if you do it at home you can tell the smiling spin ladies in the videos to just wait a few months and you are gonna outspin them and outsmile them, lol.

Comments (11)