SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_mclaurin

Custom House Plan - Help Please

Jennifer McLaurin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Interior Inspiration Pic

We have been looking at various plans for several months now with no luck. My husband and I have decided to have custom plans drawn. This plan is around 1880 sq feet and I don't want to go above 2100. As a starting point, we want to have plans drawn that have the great room (foyer, dining room, kitchen, and family room) as laid out in this plan. We really love this aspect of the plan. :-) I like how the kitchen faces the exterior of the house and I like how the dining area is in the front of the home but not a totally separate area. Do you have any ideas on how I can improve the following items? 1. I want a large laundry/mudroom area. I can lose the half bath since we don't really need one. We are a small family, 2 adults with one child, 9. 2. The guest bedrooms need to be a few feet larger with a larger bath. 3. I need for the master bath to have two closets (his/hers) and a dressing area. I do not need a garden tub at all. 4. I would like for the kitchen to have a walk in pantry if possible, but this is not a deal breaker by any means. I thought about adding this off before the laundry area started. 5. I would like a screened porch off the back. 6. I will change the direction of the carport or not have one at all. This plan really closes off the view of the yard and I will make sure we have a view. 7. I want the bedrooms all close together. My daughter is an only child and wants her room close to ours. A split bedroom plan is not for us. This makes things difficult. Please give me your ideas. We have our first meeting Thursday. Thanks!

Comments (16)