SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loyalwit

Custom build house plans feedback please!

loyalwit
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

This is my husband and I's second custom build with a high-end builder in our city. We built our "forever home" and found that "forever" meant about 8 years before we wanted a change in lifestyle.

When we sold our previous house we ran into some problems with design decisions we made for us alone. For our second go at designing a house we are trying to balance what we want/need while thinking about resale if we once again decide to move.

My husband and I work the majority of the time at home and will be hopefully be joined by a little one in the next couple years. Having 2 offices and an awesome kitchen are must haves. Our plan is to use one of the bedrooms as an office.

I am looking for feedback in terms of room sizes and what we have included or should have included. We will have a fully finished basement that walks out onto our sloped ravine lot. The back of the house faces south west. Deck and balcony will probably change/move.

This house will be a contemporary/MCM/open living flat roofed house for urban professionals who like to cook and entertain. Right now the square footage is just shy of 2800 - we were hoping for around 2500 sq ft. This build will be on the higher end of the budget scale for our city.

I have included our site plan and you can see that we have basically pushed our house out as much as possible without introducing weird angles.

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments (7)