SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terri_williams66

Spiders, spider mites, powdery mildew, and new buds....oh my

Terri Williams
8 years ago

I have a little gray spider that seems to be loving my pom poms. He is there every morning and is a quick little bugger too. I have noticed little clumps of webs. Not spun from leaf to leaf but more like set up as little houses on the under sides of the leaves. I have noticed that one of the plants the leaves feel very dry, not dead, just dry, and have yellowish patches on them. Is this spider mites? There are some little holes on the leaves as well.

I feed my plants for the first time on Sunday. MG Bloom Booster. I fed according to the directions and soaked the soik until it ran out the drainage holes. I was careful not to get the leaves wet. Yesterday, I noticed a white powdery mildew on a lot of the leaves. It wipes off with a wet cloth but does come back when the leaf dries. I am going to trim the bottom sets of leaves tonight when it is cooler. Will spraying with water mixed with dawn help? The plants seem healthy despite newbie mistakes...

Last, I have 5 sweet buds on one of my poms. This one I didnt top. It set up a bud after 6 sets of leaves. The central bud is there and the two laterals, there is also the 4th little rider on the central bud. This plant I am going to let do its thing so I can learn the habits of the plant. How long before these little guys may bloom?

The second pom, I topped above ther 4th set of leaves as it was setting up a bud. If I decide to disbud the lateral buds, how far down should I trim? And it will rebud when the central dies off?

Thanks,

Terri

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County