SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy6421

Questions about Different Kitchen Faucets

kathy6421
9 years ago

Hi,

I asked this in the kitchen forum, but was told I might get more info asking here.

I found some faucets that have the height and reach that may work for what we want and the dark color we want, but most seem to have only 1.5 gpm.

We are used to having a much higher gpm(water flow). Even in the bathroom it's good. I've used low flow kitchen faucets at other people's homes and do not like them. The flow and spray are very weak.

I am wondering if anyone has one of the following faucets or knows about any of them and what you think of the water flow or if there is a way to change the water flow. Are there flow restrictors that can be removed or another way to get a higher gpm?

Delta Cassidy pullout with handle on top(1.8 gpm)

Moen Camerist pullout with handle on top(1.5 gpm)

Moen Braemore with handle on top and side spray(1.5 gpm)

Moen Wetherly with handle on top and side spray(1.5 gpm)

Moen Walden with handle on top and side spray(1.5 gpm)

Also, has anyone had a strong water flow and then gone down to a 1.5 or 1.8 gpm? I know the 1.5 gpm is really low flow, but what about 1.8 compared to a high flow? Some say 1.8 is fine and some say it's weak.

Also, do any of them have plastic parts and should I avoid certain ones because of the plastic parts?

15 years ago we just got a cheap faucet with plastic side sprayer and it has lasted without any issues. Now it seems like nothing lasts! I just want a reliable faucet that will last for years without any problems and has really good water flow and good sprayer.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! Kathy

Comments (14)