SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misswoodstock

Question About Changing Kitchen Faucet/Holes On Granite

I am about to move into a new house that has a lovely remodeled kitchen. Nice granite countertop. However..... I don't like the faucet. In this house I'm moving out of I have a new faucet I really like. I'd like to buy the same faucet I use now and replace the faucet in the new kitchen I'm moving to with it. My question has to do with the holes.....

The New Kitchen's faucet is a "one hole" faucet. Just one hole is needed for the whole faucet - the spigot and the "turn on" handle are all together on the faucet.

The faucet I'd like to have - change to - is a "two hole" faucet - one hole for the spigot coming up out of the countertop, and one hole next to it for the "turn on" handle.

HOW DO I DO THIS? Do I call a plumber guy to come do it and count on him to drill a new hole to accomodate my new faucet? Or do I call a granite guy to drill a new hole for my new faucet - (and what "granite guy" would want to do that for me if I'm not buying granite?)

Is there another answer? Or am I stuck with the faucet that is in the new house.

I'd actually like to change the sink, too. The present sink is a stainless steel, undermount, one bowl sink. I strongly prefer double bowl sinks. But the faucet is more important to me to change than the sink, so I'll consider this later.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments (6)