SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherm1082

Why can't I get rid of this weed?

sherm1082
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hey guys. Last year (fall of 2013 - spring of 2014) I used Dimension mainly to control poa that had plagued me in the past. It worked like a charm and my yard was pretty much poa free. I had this broadleaf weed that started popping up all over my yard. I started picking it out by hand but it was very time consuming and I was fighting a losing battle. I used a post emergent that was safe for lawns and spot treated my yard. I eliminated it after a few applications.

Fast forward to this year and I have the same thing. I tried Stonewall this year because I heard it lasts longer. I applied it in the fall and sometime in February or March of this year. No poa but once again I am seeing this weed. Last year it was predominantly in the backyard but this year it's spreading to the front yard. I have one of the more manicured lawns in my neighborhood and I appear to be the only one with an outbreak of this weed. Even my neighbors on either side of me who's yards are mainly weeds don't have this weed. What am I doing wrong? Why isn't my pre-emergent knocking it out and what do I need to do to eliminate it before it starts growing?

I live in the Raleigh, NC area and have bermuda grass. I notice this weed grows after the grass comes out of dormancy and a solid month or so after many of the other weeds (poa, crabgrass, dandelions, etc) have started to grow. Any help you guys can provide is appreciated.

Comments (7)