SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cunninghamz1987

help my tomato seedlings are starting to look bad ( 2015 garden )

zak
9 years ago

hello , im new here but not new to gardening , im having some troubles this year with my tomato starts , verities , giant belgium , ukrainian purple and plum lemon ( wonderlight )

i started them about a month ago , germination rate was good aroud 90% on all 3 types ,, there being grown under brand new t5 tubes 54 watt 6400 k ,, they had a deep purple color like ive never seen before on the under sides of the leaves wich i dont really understand why , room temp is 74 to 76 ,, i check soil temps few times and they were around the 70 ,,, seems like the seedling got locked up and couldnt take in phosphorus instantly ,,, the plum lemon type started to show leaf curl about 3 days after first true leaves poped out , and now all 3 sets of leaves have intense leaf curling , rolled right up ,,, in the last week all my other types belgium and purple have begun to curl to , and what look like maybe some desiase starting

pictures included the best i can get with my phone

sorry about my bad spelling and grammer :)

belgium giant ,, some purple under leaves and this weird drying spots , eventually the leaves die and come off right at the main stem , almost like damping off seems to me

another angle

belgium giant top view

another angle showing belgium giant

this is the plum lemon type

another belgium

the plum lemons i put them on a old heat mat , trying to warm the soil alittle more and keep them away from the lights some ,, been there for 4 days now , purple is less on the under sides , but the curl is still bad , all plants have lost some green to them too in the last 5 days i guess

any advice will greatly appretiated

thanks

Comment

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County