SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catsarerathersilly

When should I consider these roses dead?

Hey everyone!

Earlier this year I asked you guys if my roses were diseased and if I should prune them. It turns out they were very sick and I had to prune all of them to the ground. All of my roses are coming back strong with 3 exceptions: My Girl, Yellow Brick Road, and Neptune. MG and YBR are supposed to be winter hardy and disease resistant, yet I had to clip them to the ground with all the others. All three roses were already putting out green leaves when I clipped them, so they were alive, but now they're not doing anything. They're just sitting there, doing nothing. My other roses that were putting out growth before being clipped are coming back just fine. It's been a few weeks now and I don't know whether to consider these roses dead yet or not. I don't exactly have others to replace them with, unless I separate the hybrid teas I had to squish together, but it depresses me to look at them so I'd like to dig them up if they're dead.

I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, but I didn't find any threads that helped.

Comments (35)