SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atheen_

New Meyer lemon trees. Need general care advice.

Hi all,

I got myself 2 Meyer lemon trees about a month ago. Very exciting, but I'm very new at this and still learning how to take care of them. Here are a couple of pictures of them.

I bought them at Lemoncitrustree.com

As per the instructions I was given I only water them once the humidity tester is below half, towards the dry zone. It took over TWENTY DAYS for the soil to be dry enough to require watering. I guess they really watered the crap out of them before they shipped them.

I just watered both of them for the first time on Friday. Gave them a quart of water each, and fertilized them with a cap and a half of Dynamite.

Each of the tree has its own Par-38 LED grow light, from Definitely Digital Nature Grow. (Spec Sheet)

It's on a timer, which I gradually brought up to 12 hours a day.

I've had a lot of little lemons turn yellow and fall down, but because the soil was so moist and from what I've been reading, I hope it was due to over watering. The leaf drop has been minimal.

I'd like to bring the grow lights off their makeshift pedestal and on the floor, but I'm afraid the light would then be too far away from the leaves of the trees. What do you think?

All and all, do the trees look ok to you? Any advice is appreciated.

Atheen

Comments (6)