SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyee_dupont

Help me Identify This Holiday Cactus? Also, Brown hairs on cuttings?

Mamma Bear
9 years ago

This is what the flowers look like when it blooms:

This is what the stem segments look like:

(I took this picture to show that some leaves aren't as pointed as others, which I found odd, but I'll tell you why I think that is in a bit)

I found this identification chart which would suggest it is closer to a thanksgiving cactus, but..

Then I also found this on here from 2008 that made me think maybe this is the newer CC types...

[The caption from this was:

1) Rhipsalidopsis- with very large segments
2) Rhipsalidopsis
3) Hatiora rosea
4) Old fashioned schlumbergera buckleyii type
--->>5) Three examples of the newer schlumbergera buckleyii types with more of the truncata shape (or claw or Thanksgiving) type segments]

So based on all that what are your guys' thoughts on what this plant is? thanks in advance !

Also, kind of off topic but, I'm working on growing some babies from some cuttings I took over a month ago, they're currently rooting and I've noticed these little brown hairs growing on them, any ideas what this might be? Just the start of new growth maybe?

I haven't noticed any thing similar on the parent plant except what I think is just roots forming at the bottom of some segments, barely any though.

(Not the best picture but you can see that just under that little segment there are roots , or maybe they are little hairs, growing)

Any comments, advice, insight, ect. would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you!!!

Comments (3)