SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlieboring

Squirrel Control

Charlie
9 years ago

Before my fruit starts to ripen, I need to get some control over the squirrels. I have 3 peach trees, a cherry, two cherry bushes, a persimmon, two asian pears, a plum, an apricot, a jujube, three figs, 2 paw paws, 2 blackberries, and two strawberry patches. I am willing to give the squirrels and the crows their fair share, but last year they took all of my peaches before they were ripe. This year I told my wife, "I am going to get the best of these critters. They are not as smart as I am." She looked at me with a skeptical gaze. I bought an air rifle and on the weekends I camped out in the backyard and waited for the squirrels and crows. I shot a crow and the other crows gathered around, talking and pointing to the dead crow. I think they were saying something like, "Ed is down! What's wrong with him?" I don't speak crow, so I am not sure. I shot a second crow and they all flew of saying something like, "Get out of here! Some one is shooting!" The crows have since stayed away from my fruit trees. I told my wife, "Those crows are really smart; they warn each other away from danger." She said, "Wait until the fruit is ripe. The crow will out smart you." She has no faith. I told her, "Now I have to outsmart the squirrels." She said, "I won't hold my breath." What did she mean by that?

Comments (7)