SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engrgirl

Help with early spring identification- zone 4

engrgirl
9 years ago

I'd really appreciate help with identifying these-. The house we bought last fall had overrun garden areas because I think the elderly owner couldn't take care of them, but as things are coming up i'm starting to think maybe she was a gardener a few years ago - it's a fun treat for me to find good thigs buried in the weeds and grass! Please don't mind the messiness of the gardens - it's a work in progress! I'm zone 4, these plants are all in partial shade:

1: I know the sedum, but what is the taller narrow one? Thicker than I'd expect for a grass, thinner than the narcissus I planted elsewhere.

2. Several of these- All dried up now, but grouped together like they may have been intentionally put there. Late to start (if they are going to)- I don't see any green there yet.

3. Are these a type of groundcover rose? In late October we had a patch of stringy thorny area with very few leaves. As I'm clearing other parts of the gardens there are surface vines / shallow runners that seem to join to this area, spreading sometimes 15-20 ft, and now many of what I think are the same vines/runners have leaves sprouting all over the place. I ground up a leaf - didn't smell or taste like mint...

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting