SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boardereight

advice about back yard

Julie B
9 years ago

I plan on selling in the next few years and would appreciate some advice about whether to make any changes to my back yard. I live in an end unit townhouse in N. Virginia. the homes sell for between $350k - $400k. my front yard was professionally landscaped and looks much better than others in the neighborhood. I have dogs, so I have cedar chips in my back yard instead of grass. Also, I have extended the left side garden for veggies. I have greatly improved the gardens and I have grown organic for at least 10 years. the gardens get at least 8 hours of sun. I have both an upper and lower deck with a wood walkway to the staircase. In the photo, you can see the small fences and edging that border the left and right side gardens, with the cedar chips in the center.

so my questions are:

• should I remove the cedar chips and lay sod?
  • should I make the left garden smaller (to it's original size) to increase the main yard size of my small back yard?
  • Will buyers be turned off if I don't do either of these and market the house for dog-lovers and gardeners?

Thanks!

Comments (32)