SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Short pulls on big drawers? Or do I have to do double knobs?

Fori
9 years ago

We're a long way from done but to avoid serious decision making, I'm looking at knobs 'n' pulls.

I like these (from Atlas Homewares):

We would do black. I like the square knobs for all doors, and the long pulls for drawers, but we have some big drawers and the pulls don't come in more sizes, just 5 7/8" long. So, is a ~6" pull along good enough for a wide drawer? Or should I use them only on the short drawers and use double knobs for the wide drawers? I'd rather just do the one, and not JUST because it would save me several hundred dollars.

Here is a scale mockup. The cabinets are real, the handle isn't. You knew that though. My imaginary budget for some reason only covered one knob. :/

For reference, the drawer front with the pull is 37.5"x 11" (and the one beneath it is 37.5" x 13"). Does the pull look puny? I'm hoping they don't stand out much and just sort of blend in. (Next is, does it go in the middle or 1/3 down from the top or...)

Ignore the floor--it's not done. :) Actually, while you're here, would you do grout darker or lighter than the stone floor (which will be a bit darker once cleaned and sealed)? It'll be dirty gray grout either way. Thanks!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!