SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grace_webster

Trailing Jade (Kleinia petraea) help! Leafs brown & crinkly

Grace Webster
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

The jade vine I received as a gift at Christmas has lost close to half of its leaves since then. Every morning I discover new wrinkled leaves! It is really a beautiful plant and I just cannot figure out what it needs....

- I only water when completely dry, then water thoroughly. It pot is well draining. Since I got it in December, it has not been been watered more than 4 times.

- It is now hanging in an east-facing window that gets plenty of sunlight all day long

- Temperatures in the room around around 15 degrees, and just slightly lower at night

- No visible mites, webs, fungus

- Healthy leaves appear to shrivel all along the vines, from the base to the tip

- There are new growing leaves on a few of the stems, but at the same time, the rest of the plant in dying

The cuttings I took have successfully rooted in another pot, but I don't want the original plant to die! Please help, thank you in advance!

Pictures here: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/2927541/trailing-jade-strongylodon-macroboneeds-help-leafs-brown-and-crinkly?n=3

Comment (1)