SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designsaavy

How do you make a glass staircase NOT modern?

designsaavy
9 years ago

I knew if anyone could help me with this, it would be Y'all. Our church is renovating and had a huge wood "T" staircase with tempered glass. They were going to throw it away and my husband wants to use it for our open staircase in our atrium ranch home. We are installing new darker hardwood flooring in living room, open staircase and kitchen/dining areas. Also new Barker Dover White kitchen cabinets, hopefully with soapstone. I lean more traditional to farmhouse-contemporary. I like traditional staircases, as well as some iron. The fireplace is red, orange-ish and a few dark gray bricks with an arch. I'm ok with it, but need to get rid of the ugly 80's orange stained mantel and staircase posts.

Here are pics. Can you give me some ideas of how to incorporate the glass? Would it be possible to use the large posts on staircase and take out all the little ones and install glass? We could paint or stain a different color. We will have darker wood floors and stairs and white risers. also, what could I do with the mantel?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Comments (12)