SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ysfex3

Some pics of my beauties in spring '15, some rare-ish stuff

ysfex3
9 years ago

'Golden Lotus' Hellebore, usually double, but does produce the occasional single.

One of my faves, golden leafed forsythia, the leaves trick you into thinking that it's still flowering. Second is a 'Kumson' Forsythia. Leaves are the show for this one

'Amagi Shigure' Palmatum. Stunning, but sad because both leaders were bit off by rabbits this winter! Again, pic is not telling the whole story.

Saw this 'President Roosevelt' Rhododendron at a lowe's and had to get one (elsewheres, though I do love to shop there). New growth is especially nice. Bloom is secondary, but is one of the best I've ever seen. White with a thick, bright red outline.

Small graft of 'Naree' Sweetgum. Thought it would be a lighter, yellower color. Maybe as the leaves mature.

'Appalachian Red' Redbud. A stunning deeeep pink, prolific bloom. Attractive leaves are larger and thicker than species. Second is a "Rising Sun ' Redbud. Apricot new leaves with bloom is crazy good. At dusk with the sun in the background, the leaves look like floating flames. They turn light green eventually. The current new leaves have been this color for a couple of weeks now, at least.

'White Lightning' Ginkgo. Yellow stripes do turn white as leaf matures. Second is a 'Beijing Gold' Ginkgo. Not stripes, but brushstrokes of cream as leaf matures.

Comments (9)