SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mashamcl

San Jose Heritage Rose Garden - some rare beauties

mashamcl
15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

It is rainy and grey here, so some rose pictures should be good. I went to the SJHRG yesterday to take some photos of the roses I liked. Most of them, unfortunately, are not easy to come by. I tried uploading the pics here but they are too big, so I put them on HMF. My member ID is mashamcl. They are mixed in with the photos of my own garden (unintentionally). I don't know how to separate them out so I hope you enjoy them all.

Of the ones I took pictures of, I was most impressed with Williamsburg. It is very fragrant, and the bush is tall and healthy. Looks like a good cutting rose. Ashdown has the plant but is not propagating it now. I wrote to them, but haven't heard back yet.

Hoffmann von Fallersleben is custom-root at Vintage. A very pretty plant with nice shades of color. Lightly fragrant.

Souvenir de Cladius Denoyel is I think also custom-root at Vintage. Very fragrant and pretty shape of flower.

I liked Golden Angel x Souleiana too. That you can't get anywhere, I believe, but the flowers looked very pretty...Sigh.

The rose I really fell in love with is Princesse de Bearn. I have no pics of it because there were no blooms when I went. It has a strong fragrance of fresh cut apples, and the color is a very pretty purple. Another sigh...

Enjoy,

Masha

P.S. I am not a terribly good photographer, in fact I am one of (a few I hope) unfortunate people who have an expensive camera that doesn't take good pictures. Well, I did the best I could :-).

Here is a link that might be useful: some rose pics

Comments (12)