SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmdfd415

New vegetable garden has taken a turn for the worse! Help!

jmdfd415
9 years ago

This is my first time growing vegetables. We planted some lettuce, arugula, turnips, carrots, and spinach in some new raised garden beds. We planted all from seed on March 22nd and things were great at first. Everything germinated and grew wonderful. Suddenly last week everything really slowed down. Last night I noticed several of the lettuce, spinach, turnips, and arugula weren't looking right. A few of the lettuce have whit dead look leaving lying on the soil. One of the arugula has a whitish brown tip. A couple of the spinach are yellowing and very limp. And there a a couple of turnips with dark spots in the middle. I have a couple of pictures I will show of the lettuce and turnips. After looking closer this morning I noticed lots of very very tiny whitish bugs running all over the soil. They look a lot like gnats, but white and very tiny. I saw a few running up a couple of lettuce stems. Any ideas what these could be? Are these causing the problems with my plants? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm