SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Need help with exterior choices.. Roof color and siding style..

njbuilding143
9 years ago

We are making our final decisions on the siding and roof today as the builder is looking to confirm our choices.. Not sure if he is actually ordering or what.. Anyway.. The house will have a mix of stone and vinyl siding in the front.. We are thinking of going with the Certainteed Savannah Wicker color.. Our builder says that is his most popular choice and says its a great pick.. Now the problem is what color roof and do we want dutchlap or clapboard style siding?

First I will talk about the style.. When we first looked at siding I was fairly certain that I liked clapboard, however after looking at some of our "inspiration" houses I noticed that they were dutchlap.. I like how it gives that "pop out" type of look.. Builder seemed to be pushing clapboard for some reason and claimed that dutchlap was what you find on older houses.. I always look at this picture that I am posting below.. It has both types of siding and I think I really like the dutchlap (clapboard on left and dutchlap on right).. Any opinions?

Lastly, is roof color.. We are using Timberline roof shingles and leaning towards goign with a brown.. Perhaps the Barkwood or Mission Brown.. We have also considered using black as well.. Any opinions on that? Our garage will extend outward past the second floor so you will have that lower section of roof visible.. Here is a picture of our house exterior:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor