SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koffman99

Started my new "Hosta garden" yesterday

koffman99
9 years ago

Hey, just signed up and looking to share information and gain knowledge of Hostas. I received two orders in last week;one from Easy to Grow Bulbs and one from Gurneys. The order from Easy Grow was flawless. The plants came well packed and marked with the specific plant which was in the bag along with care instructions. The ones from Gurneys came in a bag which didn't tell what variety of Hosta was in the bag, so I guess I will have to figure it out after it comes up, it was part of the Shady Places Hosta Mix.

Anyway, I got around to planting about 20 bulbs yesterday, and my aching back is still paying for it. The varieties that I planted yesterday include;Royal Standard, Gold Standard, Medio Variegata, Sum & Substance, Francee, Wide Brim, Blue Angel. The ones from Gurneys I may need help in identifying later. Really not any rare ones in there as far as I know, but being a beginner I thought I would start out with some basic Hosta's.

My Hosta craze began last year when I purchased a few (Abba Dabba Do I think) from a local nursery and it grew from there. BTW, My apparent Abba Dabba's have been out of the ground about two weeks and look great. Hope to learn a lot while I am here, and will post pics when the other Hostas I planted come up.

Comments (20)