SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
velleta

SHOULD I REPOT MY BRASSIA WHILE IN FULL BLOOM??

velleta tardiel
9 years ago

Hi everyone so I bought this big lovely brassia at a flower show on easter monday. It has three big spikes full of blooms.

Now my problem is that's it's potted in regular potting soil and most of its roots are above the soil which is expected. It has new leads coming along with new roots ( below pic).

I was wondering if I should forget about the blooms and repot it into a bark, perlite, spagnum mix?

It has lots of healthy new roots coming and I wouldn't want to repot it when they are too long because of fear of breaking them. And seeing the majority of the roots are not in the soil but clinging to the side of the pot and above.

I am not sure how long they stay in bloom and wouldn't want the spring season to pass before repotting it.

I am thinking to devide it into two separate devisions and plant them into two six inches clear pots. As I said it has new leads coming from right around it and each devisions would have four or five older psudobulbs plus the new ones growing.

I am not sure what to do at this point but what I do know is that I need to get it out of the regular potting soil.Sugessions PLEASE. VELLETA

Comments (6)