SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xmkx

Can I reuse my current Grohe shower head, faucets, etc.

xmkx
9 years ago

Just starting the process of figuring out the details of renovating my mini masterbathroom (it's small!). My shower pan is leaking again! We renovated the bathroom back in 1999. Then the shower pan started leaking in 2009. We did a patch job back in 09' ...cut out the bottom foot of the shower and put in a new pan. Patch job has never worked out great for various reasons. It's 2015 and we have to redo the whole shower pan. Hubby wants to just redo the shower. I'm concerned about it looking like another patch job (because of the difficulty matching tiles) so I would like to redo the entire bath.

So now I need to figure out how to save some money. This leads me to my question ... does anyone see any problems with me reusing my shower heads, shower faucets and sink faucets? They are Grohe parts. We've had problems with a leaking shower head in the past but "all" we needed to do is replace the rough in valve (carbodour cartridge) so if I get new rough in valves for the shower head, am I good to go? Will the plumber have any problems re-installing it? Thanks.

Comments (9)