SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yujai

Side yard needs idea for privacy

yujai
9 years ago

Our house (in Seattle Zone 8a) is at the corner of a busy street and we would like to fence off from public and to block our toddler running straight to the street. Originally I was going to put up the modern looking horizontal strips fence but HOA disapproved the design (sad sad). We are allowed to plant vegetation that doesn't go beyond the property line but it can only cover up half of our property due to the sight of traffic issue.

The space between the patio and the property line is around 5 ft. I felt it would look odd to have two sets of arbs hedges. One plan I have in mind would be moving those six arbs to the property line and plants more arbs towards the edge of the patio (basically where HOA allows fence to be extend to). I also felt it's going to be weird to just have arbs cover up half of the house. Maybe something that's lower like shrubs hedge (3~4 ft) to extend to where the door is (left of the patio)? It is facing east, any recommendation what would be nice to plant?

Or is there other option that doesn't take up much space? This side yard is our only lawn in the property. We wish to maximize the lawn space that our toddler can run on.

Comment (1)