Keurig Coffee Brewers ... how do you choose?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (49)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Keurig Coffee Makers & Coffee
Comments (35)I'm one of those who cannot make a good pot of coffee, because hubby and I are not coffee drinkers. If we have guests who want coffee, I usually have someone else make it or pull out a VERY old perculator which many of our friends and relatives seem to prefer. We have some good coffee stores and that is where I buy coffee. You can grind it then or buy the beans and grind at home. We have a keurig at work and there are two who especially seem to like it and use many different flavors. However most seem to prefer the old drip maker or the espresso machine. I do get the comment about a "good" cup of coffee. Occasionally, in a restaurant I might order a cup with dessert and there is one restaurant especially who has really good coffee. tina...See MoreKeurig Personal Mini Brewer
Comments (8)I have the Breville which is essentially, an expensive Keurig. I gave my sister the Keurig for Christmas. Both of us LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. The problem, I've found I'm drinking much more coffee!! I gave up sodas and really don't like a lot of the sweet juices, and water is only as necessary. So having the Keurig around is sinful!! The one thing about the mini is that you can adjust the water level if you want stronger coffee. With the bigger Keurig, you can adjust but not to a personal level. That was one of the reasons I bought the Breville - more size settings, at the time. The only thing you may have to get used to is the pump noise. I've heard they quieted it down some, but not sure. I'm looking for a coffee pot for work - they still have the very old fashioned Bunn machine that BURNS the coffee almost instantly, and I've gotten used to the Keurig flavors. You should enjoy it - experiment with the different brands. If you want decaf, get the Timothy's. I drink that at night. Normally don't like decaf but his one doesn't taste like water. You can use your own coffee if I'm not mistaken - I think the QVC one has a "my K Cup" with it. One came with the Breville too. Love that for when I run out of K cups - the habit gets to be expensive!! If you like Green Mountain flavors, they have a Club for discounts. I think Keurig might as well, but I've been going to BB&B for my K cups, and not sure. Hope this helps, and like I said, ENJOY IT!! gneegirl...See MoreKeurig coffee makers
Comments (9)I think the largest one with a reservoir holds about 60 ounces of water and you have choices of 5 different size cups; mine holds 48 ounces and I have a choice of 3 cup sizes. Even when I have to refill the tank it does heat up quickly again. Mine is the Sam's club version (B66) of the B60 - the difference is that it comes with a large assortment of K-cups. All my friends and I adore the coffee from The Coffee People, Donut Shop, medium roast decaf. Everyone who has tasted it has commented on how good it tastes - not bitter and not too strong. We've also become tea drinkers witih the English Breakfast Tea (non-decaf). My husband was very skeptical of using the machine regularly. However, he loves the Ghiradelli hot chocolate - comes in packets, not K-cups. Don't forget you can also use the Keurig to dispense hot water for hot chocolate, cereals or tea bags as well. Helene...See MoreCoffee Pods for Keurig
Comments (29)Yes, the grinds can be composted or just poured out on the ground in some corner of the flower garden, or yard. I have been emptying grounds alongside the front porch for years and there is nothing there that doesn't just look like dirt. They will blend back in to nature very quickly. We are telling ourselves lies to believe that there is some redemption for our massive consumption that creates such massive garbage, or that there there is some justification for it. There really is no such. We see only our own and we convince ourselves that it is "just this". Yes, it is "just" that. It is just one drop until you consider how many of us are making that one drop, on a regular basis. It quickly becomes a stream, that flows into a river, that empties into an ocean or becomes a mountain, very quickly. It is a constant flow of trash and chemicals. It is like that river that makes you wonder where does all of that water come from and how can it keep coming, and coming, and coming. The answer is that it comes from trickles joined with other trickles until it is a powerful river. Our accumulating garbage is no different....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEHow Do You Make Your Tea and Coffee in the Morning?
A morning cup is a must for many, and preparation comes in many guises. We look at coffee and tea habits across the Houzz community
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSimple Pleasures: Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
Slugging down any old sludge while pulling on socks is no way to start the day. Learn to brew amazing java and savor the experience here
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNCoffee Bars Energize Any Room
Love coffee? Wake up to these great designs for a café-style area in the kitchen, guest room and even bathroom
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNToday’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZHouzz Products: Set Up Your Dream Coffee Station
Wouldn’t it be nice to have your own café that never closes? With these tools and accessories from the Houzz Products section, you can
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHot Ideas and Tips for Coffee and Tea Stations
Let options like drawer inserts and built-in coffeemakers percolate now, so your hot-drinks station can best serve holiday guests
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Brew a Perfect Cup of Coffee or Tea
Get your caffeine fix in style with well-designed accoutrements from makers to mugs
Full Story
TRADITIONAL ARCHITECTUREHouzz Tour: Caretaking a Handsome Yonkers Foursquare
Thoughtful updates make a New York couple’s home ‘more of what it already was,’ says the architect-owner
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Industrial Flavor and Playful Touches in a 1980s Home
A designer helps a San Francisco couple create a home with modern, eclectic style
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESGet Stone and Ceramic Surfaces Super Clean
Keep your kitchen or bathroom looking as good as on installation day with the right cleaning methods for counters and tiles
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations




Toni S