SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Help w carpet choice

loves2read
9 years ago

We need to replace 3 rooms of carpet on our 1st floor--small section in den area bounded by tile and wood floors in halls, master bedroom, and guest bedroom. Stairs are carpeted and away from areas considering replacing and run right up into gameroom. The upstairs is all carpet but rarely used and needless $$ to replace. My husband likes carpet in bedrooms--doesn't want to upgrade to wood. Matching style in front hall (that I am not crazy about) might be difficult now as well.

Question is should we use same style (Berber w cream, tan/darker flecks) or another style? Normally I am not fan of mixing styles...Berber is not really popular style now but I don't mind it. I want something that will be better stain-resistant and not mat from traffic--so will be buying better quality than this. I think sellers of house might have changed carpet before listing and gone w fairly cheap carpet just to clean up pet stains from their dogs...but don't know how close to this we can match 6 or more years later.

Would it bother YOU to have house w/two different styles on separate floors?

Comments (3)