SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emarks41

mushy leaves killing one leaf at a time!

emarks41
9 years ago

Hello, Im new to this forum and have searched all the threads that talk about mushy leaves. No one ever says whats really going on. My sans is hardly ever watered cause the water meter says it is in the "moist zone". When I bought it at Home Depot, it was thoroughly soaked and it took at least 6 months to finally dry out. I did repot the plant and used a 50/50 perlite/fast draining cactus mix. At the time the roots were moist but not damaged. Over time, a leaf will get mushy on a side of the leaf, not at the base. If I do nothing, the mushy spot gets bigger and bigger. I eventually trim it off. It happens all the time. The once full plant is not looking mighty thin and no end in sight. Sorry I have no pics cause I trimmed everything. Does anyone know whats going on? It is not over-watered, gets good indirect sunlight, tho does get to 57 degrees , worst case scenario, in the room where its in during the winter. During the warm months, it still experiences the mushy leaves.......perplexed...thoughts? Thank you!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH