SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinhoene

Feedback on revised kitchen layout

kevinhoene
9 years ago

Hello again!

After receiving some great feedback for our first attempt at our kitchen, my wife and I have been working on revisions. We made some pretty substantial changes. We would greatly appreciate feedback/suggestions for these revisions - layout, island, cabinet/drawer configuration, appliance locations, sink locations, everything.

We have 3 small children and my wife cooks quite a bit. I attached a sketch of the revised kitchen. The floor plans are also attached to give a better feel for how the kitchen relates to the rest of the house (changes have been made to the kitchen but the size of the shell of the kitchen has not changed from the architect's floor plans). Please note the wet bar and pantry adjacent to the kitchen on the floor plans.

I pushed for 5 bar stools, but having 6 bar stools was important to my wife so we added a 4th bar stool on one side of the island. I know the 44" aisle between the island and counter isn't ideal for this one bar stool, but I anticipate that this bar stool will usually be pushed in and that counter won't get a lot of use. We like the idea of counter height windows on the sink wall - thinking a fixed window in the middle with either casement, awning, or slider windows flanking the middle window. My wife has gone back and forth on whether to have a second dishwasher.

Thanks to all in advance for any feedback or suggestions!

Comments (14)