SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Revised kitchen layout drawings are here! Feedback is welcome.

tamarahl
11 years ago

My new drawings arrived from my KD and there are some issues. I don't know why the prep sink is not at the end of the island, opposite the cooktop, with the trash next to it, so it pulls out towards the clean up sink. Perhaps because she made the cabinets on the end of the island only 21 inches deep? I also don't know why there is only 40 inches between the island and the pantry doors. When I measure, I have 51.5 inches between the island and the pantry doors, since there is a total of 171 inches from the doorway to the sunroom to the threshold of the pantry. But, before I call her with my changes I wanted to have some of you weigh in with your sage advice.

Also, I don't understand what she means by the sides are too thin, and things not being balanced, so if you know what she is talking about, please illuminate for me. Oh yeah, the bar is supposed to be 48 inches wide not 72 inches and the bar sink is tiny, Franke's ARX 1106, which only requires 12 inches of cabinet. She also made the stool area only 12 inches deep, and the bar area 24 inches deep, which is not what I drew, and agree it looks funny the way she has it drawn. Without further ado, here it is:

and to refresh your memory, here is the drawing I sent to her to give her my suggested changes to the layout:

Although I sent her a drawing (above) that has the ovens and fridge recessed 12 inches from the pantry doors, when we spoke I asked her if we could make the wall flush, with the ovens and fridge and countertop meeting up with the pantry doors, and have the 36 inch wide baking counter be framed to allow a hideaway 12 inches of countertops for an appliance garage (but still have 24 inches of depth to the countertop for working space.) She either forgot that I requested that, or decided it was not good design. What do you think of that idea? I essentially lose 12 inches behind the ovens and the fridge, but re-gain it where it counts, with the baking area and having room for the appliances that are out of the way but convenient to use.

I will post her additional pictures of the space shortly, which I hope will help explain the design further.

Comments (11)