SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joe_mckee

New hydro/soil hybrid garden. Multiple veggies, what should I feed?

Joe Mckee
9 years ago

Ok so I have a good handle on a pure hydro garden and have done it now for 3 years for professional reasons. I own and operate a state licensed medical marijuana dispensary and cultivation. Ironically, even though my cannabis growing knowledge is pretty vast I have very little experience or knowledge of growing veggies. I have multiple things in the garden and I will try to list them all: Strawberries, multiple herbs, squash, onions, garlic, radishes, carrots, corn, peppers(hot and sweet) tomatoes ( multiple varieties) red cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. I have a single reservoir that I can mix nutes in and distribute to garden. The media is predominately recycled hydro media( majority peat moss)

from my commercial grow. I have mixed in "top soil" and organic compost. In something around a 10:1 ratio. I anticipate having to feed the media more than a normal soil garden but less than a straight hydro set up. I am looking for any tips on what to feed my plants and if I will have to set up possibly more reservoirs to create individual nutrient batches for specific plants.

Comment (1)