SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gramarows

Opinions please on glass or not for problem cabinet

gramarows
9 years ago

Short run of counter on the window wall, with only two small uppers on either side of the range's upper cab with it's over-the-range vent fan, as the kitchen window cuts short the space. From the right, there will be: 15" drawer base with 15" upper, then the 30 range and cab over, then an 18" upper. (That one will not line up with the 27" drawer cab below which goes partly under the window, meeting up with the small 24" sink cab. The last on the left of the sink base will be an 18" DW.) There will
be no upper to the left of the window, as it is narrow, and abutting this run will be an old hoosier. Because the cabs will be Shaker QS oak, I planned the flanking uppers up to the low under-8' ceiling to both be lighted glass. Now I am wondering if having both with glass will look off as the symmetry is already off and it may look like they were supposed to be matched but didn't quite make it. Should I make only the 18" have glass, and the 15" solid to look different and deliberate? Also, electrician has wired for undercab lighting only for where the 18" will be, not the 15". Will this look odd? (The base cabs have been waiting to be delivered, uppers have to be reordered as the stove was moved. The now unusable 3 uppers will be used elsewhere.)

Comment