SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastbaymom_gw

plan for cabinet pulls -- all the same length? opinions, please!

eastbaymom
14 years ago

So, I know that placing cabinet pulls is an art and a matter of taste, but I wanted to hear how others have approached this.

We are getting Cherry cabinets in a Shaker door style with a solid wood reverse panel. Stainless appliances.

I don't want to go too modern, but I don't like the look of a mix of knobs and pulls, and there are a few places where I would not want to put pulls -- like on the tilt-forward shelf under the sink, and on the pullout trash.

I'm thinking that I will go with all pulls, and it would be easiest of I could use the same width of pulls on all the drawers and cabinets. Except for on drawers and the two spots mentioned above, I think I will install vertically.

Here's the question, though -- my drawers range from 12" to 18" wide, and the tilt-forward under the sink is 33" wide. Can I use 128 mm pulls everywhere? Or would that look funny to your eye, with more space on either side of the pull on the 18" drawer, compared with on the 12" drawer? Would you put two pulls on the tilt-forward under the sink?

Would you put the pulls in the center of the drawers (in the middle of the recessed panel) or in the center of the top stile of the cabinet? I have read that it's not wise to put pulls in the recessed panels, but these are solid wood panels and not plywood with veneer.

All opinions welcome!

Comments (32)