SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raleighsharon

Norcraft vs. Marsh cabinets - is one better?

raleighsharon
9 years ago

We have been working with a large local cabinet company. I've had issues with the salesman not being professional, making incorrect changes to layout, and then getting measurements wrong. And then to top it off, he has been pretty disrespectful (he sent an email to my contractor and me telling my contractor to please explain framing to me when I had sent him two options for handling a beam that effects cabinets - and I am an architect). The brand he's selling is Norcraft (I'm in Raleigh and I don't think there is another outlet for Norcraft). I put up with his bs because I didn't want to delay construction and my contractor kept saying he has been working with this guy for 15 years and never had an issue and everyone has a bad day.... When he sent his final package for me to sign off and place the order, I just couldn't do it.

So I have a meeting today with another company who carries Marsh, Medallion, Design Craft and some others that are probably out of our price range. I think Marsh is what is in the budget (which is around 15K)

My question to you guys - is one better than the other? If Norcraft is a better product, I can call the original company and speak to higher ups and ask to work with someone else (in any case I think I need to complain about this guy). But if Marsh is the same or better, then I just go with this other company.

Thanks for any input.

Comments (2)