SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

help with retudorfying my house one step at a time

roarah
9 years ago

My front steps have succumb to the coldest February on record in ct. I have never liked my concrete steps so I am looking forward to replacing them but am stumped as to what I want to do.

We will be residing our home in the near future, after an extension is completed and I hope to retudorfy it at that time. The house is a 1928 small tudor whose exterior was re muddled by the previous owner who added the colonial vinyl columns by the vestibule. Under the vinyl are cedar shakes which I hope to restore or replace after construction next spring.

So I need to replace the concrete steps now for they are collapsing . I would love brick that might work with my prominent front chimney but not sure if I can work them in so close to the original brick. My fondation is concrete. My neighbors 20s dutch colonial has lovey built in side benches on their stoop would something like that be unacceptable for my architecture? This is my house.

Here is a built in bench like my neighbors but we both have open not covered front steps.

Comments (16)