SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sundance510

One step forward, two steps back in my kitchen

sundance510
9 years ago

Many of you have already seen my kitchen in various posts. First of all, I am thrilled that I have found my inspiration for my kitchen. I found this while browsing in Kirkland's and it has all the colors I need in my kitchen, including my golden oak color!! I'm going to repaint my island to the antique aqua color. So excited!

Main point of this post is about my light fixtures, which I have posted about before. The consensus was that I should install my ceiling fan and recessed lighting. DH and I got ambitious the other day and decided to tackle that project. Mostly, I wanted to get my ceiling fan up because it's HOT!! Welp.... we ended up taking down all three fixtures, installed two and I still don't have my fan. Humph.

Here's a before shot:

So this is what we found when we took the fluorescent light down....

All that was holding it up was two long screws (NOT in the joist) and 4 tiny machine screws! No box.... yikes.

So we moved on to the dining area chandelier... that box is not in the best shape and isn't for fan support anyways. So we hung a cheap boob light since we now had no central light. We also replaced the light over the sink since that one didn't work (and was ugly). One of the lights is pointed out for now to help light the center of the room. I really like the look of the fixture. Still getting used to shadows though.

So the plan for now is to install a ceiling fan box and fan where the fluorescent was. We will temporarily use the fan light kit and the boob light until we get some recessed lighting. But in the meantime, this is what it looks like in there:

Improvement??

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor