SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

What kind of clubs do you belong to?

robo (z6a)
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Awhile back I was talking to a corporate type who asked what my hobbies were ("Golf? Tennis?") and I had to kind of mumble a reply because I thought she might not accept "moderating a punk music messageboard," "trashy TV" and "yard sales" as appropriate answers.

Anyway, I started a book club five years ago that is still going strong. We're working on our second divorce, third marriage and third baby! We meet monthly and do a book every month except we do a short story and holiday party in December.

I've also joined a local choir, large (80-100 voices) and enjoy that very much although I'm in the bottom 5% of the choir by age.

I've been thinking about joining a service organization but haven't gotten that far yet. I used to walk greyhound rescues once a week but stopped when I went back to school. The time commitment was difficult because it was essentially a full day by the time I got out there, walked the dogs and drove the hour back home.

I'm having these bags made up for our fifth anniversary of book club - very excited about that one (logo will be in green).

Comments (23)