SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssg7741

Why is a backsplash so hard to choose?

Shelley Graham
9 years ago

Got the counters in place today...love my Taj Mahal Satin! I was all set to go order my backsplash tile and thought I'd take one final look at my second choice...bad idea. Now I'm once again at sea. I'd love some opinions!

The first picture shows a sample of the counter with my two BS choices and, in the back, our zinc hood - lots of patina makes it look pretty brown. The tile on the left is marble, and on the right is limestone. The second picture is taken with the under cab lights on, a better idea of what the BS will look like in place.

Hubby is concerned that the grout joints on the limestone are so small - almost non-existent - although he prefers that one. My only concern with the marble has been that it is too similar to the TM. I don't want a sea of sameness, but I don't want conflict, either, and for a while I thought the limestone and the hood didn't play nice. Now, they look like they could be pals.

Tile will go to the ceiling, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your thoughts...looking forward to hearing from you!

Comments (78)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022