SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pecasville

Need to start all over with my floor

pecasville
9 years ago

Hi guys, we are remodeling our new house. We want to have a modern look. Walls and ceilings are white. On the first floor we have a white Italian ceramic tile (12 x 48 ) that resembles Carrara marble. We had the idea to put wood floors on the second floor for the bedrooms. After days looking for options, we ended up buying a bamboo floor that we had to return because the installer warned us about the possibility of having issues due to humidity of Florida. We looked for engineered floors, but my wife doesn't want to deal with scratching issues, so she wants a laminate floor that is not Chinese. We had the idea to put something reddish/orange -as the one on the picture- but I am concerned that it will look too dark and classic -not modern- in addition that it will show dirt. We were also contemplating Costco's laminate (which is much lighter) -attached picture below-, but to me that looks rustic. I was thinking more on something that looks like Oak with a light color, but I have no idea of a good manufacturer with quality. Can someone please recommend a good quality brand for laminate that is not Chinese? Any recommendation for the best color? Where to buy it? We are getting tired and frustrated, and when that happens, it is highly probable that we will make a wrong choice. Please advice. Looking forward to hearing your input. Thanks.

hanks.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County