SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherri1058

Cooktop and wall oven vs range

sherri1058
9 years ago

I currently have a 12 yr old KA duel fuel pro style range. It has served me well. I've had no service calls, the oven temp is quite good/accurate , although not as even as it could be. i can't do multiple sheets of cookies and have them come out even, but since I don't bake cookies often, it's less of an issue.

I plan to renovate the kitchen this fall, and am frozen when it comes to choosing appliances. I posted about induction, and am totally sold on it based on all your responses and the portable that I bought, but am hesitant to get rid of an appliance that has given me no problems for one or two potential headaches. It seems like appliance shopping is such a crap shoot!

The only induction range that I like the look of is the Viking, but unless I am reading the owners manual wrong, it has fewer cooking levels than the portable that I bought, so it is a no-go. That leaves me with separate cooktop plus wall oven. I am considering the Bosch or the Gaggeneau cooktops and the Gaggeneau wall oven although I really like the looks of the new Blue Star FD oven (love the choice of colours, but don't love that they don't have a track record).

Here are my options as I see them. Keep the KA and wait for and hope for a good pro style range to be introduced, go for the cooktop plus Gaggeneau as a safe bet, or go for the cooktop plus Blue Star oven and hope for the best? I should also mention that self clean is important to me. Also, at just over 5' tall, I don't have an issue with bending over to pull something out of the oven today, But I wonder if that should be a consideration as I move into my "golden" years.

I would be grateful for any guidance you can provide.

Comments (14)