SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 3 - 21 - 15

User
9 years ago

What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
Salvador Dali

The real message of the Dance opens up the vistas of life to all who have the urge to express beauty with no other instrument than their own bodies, with no apparatus and no dependence on anything other than space.
Ruth St. Denis

You don't need the iPhone: you have the most exquisite apparatus in the known universe sitting right in your head - the most complex organization of matter in the entire universe. And here are we, feeling a little depressed, feeling like we're not getting where we need to be, when really you might be exactly where you need to be.
Jon Kabat-Zinn

I was born on a farm. My strength has nothing to do with political apparatus. I get my strength from nature, from flowers.
Ariel Sharon

Opinions are to the vast apparatus of social existence what oil is to machines: one does not go up to a turbine and pour machine oil over it; one applies a little to hidden spindles and joints that one has to know.
Walter Benjamin

What description of clouds and sunsets was to the old novelist, description of scientific apparatus and methods is to the modern Scientific Detective writer.
Hugo Gernsback

The time to read is any time: no apparatus, no appointment of time and place, is necessary. It is the only art which can be practiced at any hour of the day or night, whenever the time and inclination comes, that is your time for reading; in joy or sorrow, health or illness.
Holbrook Jackson

The further the music develops, the more complex the apparatus used by the composer to express his thoughts becomes.
Gustav Mahler

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.
Ambrose Bierce

Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic.
Norman Cousins

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions