SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Curmudgeon's Corner

Annie Deighnaugh
9 years ago

Maybe it's all this snow that's getting me down. Maybe I'm just getting intolerant in my old age. I'm relating more and more with Maxine. I need a place to vent and rant. For instance....

• It's too freakin' cold in the winter to sit and watch weather ladies and news anchors sitting there in sleeveless tops and dresses. Don't they make sleeves any more? I know the clothes have to be super tight to show off every bump and bulge, but can't you at least look warm?
  • Speaking of fashion, will they ever go back to attractive round-toed pumps (that fit the human foot so much better) with reasonable heels? Or will the ankle breaking 7" heels with toes pointier than a knitting needle be with us forever?
  • Did I really see a British woman trying to challenge people to use her waffle weave toilet paper and then dare them to go commando? Yes I did. I can't think of any pitch that would make me want to buy toilet paper less.
  • Why do people with strollers or those monster "car" grocery carts feel they have the right of way? Might makes right? I don't think so. I can't tell you how many strollers and carts I have to dodge on every shopping trip. I know it's rough dealing with the kids and all, and I'm happy to hold a door so you can get your stroller in, but once inside, please put your phone down long enough to look where you're going and not run into people....for the sake of us and your kid who's on the front line.
  • Speaking of phones, I was eating out the other day and saw a Mom and teen daughter having lunch, each with their nose in their phones. They ate in silence and then left. All I could think of was how precious I hold those memories of times out with my Mom, and what I wouldn't give to see her again even for a few minutes. I certainly wouldn't spend it on the phone.
  • Is it too much to ask that when you are driving your car that you actually drive? Y'know, look where you're going, pay attention, add a dose of patience.... The other day, I was trying to pull into a parking lot and with the snow 'n' all, it was a tight fit, so I'm waiting for the entrance to clear, a guy whips around me nearly creaming the gal trying to come out and as soon as she clears the spot enough, a guy from behind her comes whipping by, almost creams her and pulls out into traffic without looking. Really?!

Feel free to share your own rants here.

Comments (124)