SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harlowolivia

Castile Soap Dilemma

Harlow
9 years ago

This has probably been gone over, but I would like to ask anyway. In an effort to be more green, and remove harmful chemicals from my home due to the health issues, I have started using Castile soap. Namely Dr bronners. I know Castile is olive oil soap and bronners have really stretched their definition of Castile, but they call it Castile soap, so I am too.

I have a good amount of it, as well as their Sal Suds. And when I mean good mount I mean like a lot of it. I dilute it with distilled water and put it in a foaming dispenser. But I have noticed, being it is REAL soap, and I have hard water it leaves a residue on hands and a ton of scum and mineral deposits on my sinks, counters, faucets, tubs, etc. I don't know if I can put up with this anymore, keeping up with all the cleaning, wiping, and scrubbing. Its too much. I have tried the sal suds and it leaves zero resides. I mean it is a detergent, so it has no soap, so that is so be expected. But I feel like the amazing Castile soap that works for so many isn't working for me. I feel deflated. I love Savon de Marseille liquid as well, but that leaves a residue too. And its not just that I'm lazy, I have joint issues and over scrubbing leads to massive pain and I have to take serious pain meds, which I hate.

I would never use Castile or real soap to clean or do laundry, that just leaves a residue. So what do I do with all my Castile and what should I use for hand soap now?

Comments (4)