SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Loving This Week's Weather?

Maybe I should say I'm loving parts of this week's weather.

Today and tomorrow are going to be gorgeous and warm, bordering on too hot (and with humidity that is too low and winds that are too strong) in some parts of western, northern and northwestern OK, where a lot of counties have a Red Flag Fire Warning today.

I'm about to head out to the garden in just a minute and I hope to work outside for the rest of the day.

I'm not overly thrilled about the rain in the forecast, but it is hard to hope it won't rain since we seldom get enough rain most years. I'd just like to have one week without rain so that I could get the planting done.

The temperatures, though, are very enticing. I will plant my corn seed in a few days, which will be earlier than usual. I'm just waiting for the soil temperatures to warm up a tiny bit more and today's and tomorrow's temperatures will make that happen. My soil temperatures are looking really good.

If next week's temperatures are almost as good as this weeks, I'll become a planting fool next week.

This winter/spring weather is reminding me of the winter/spring of 2012 and I had an incredibly productive year in 2012, largely due to plentiful rainfall but also because warm weather allowed a lot of early planting.

Are y'all loving the weather at your locations this week?

Dawn

Comments (19)