SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumeriapusher

1st Plumie Drama of the Season

Kimo
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

It's unbelievable how early the season has started in So Cal. Usually by March I am amazed at leaf growth, that a lot of plumies will have 3 leavers per tip or more, sometimes the leafing does not happen till April for me. Well this is the first time that I have had blooms this early on. In February I had Dwarf Sing Pink put out some blooms, but they fell off during the rain. I went to my patch today before I had to take my mother to her Dr's appointment and actually had 3 fully opened blooms and another bud opening on my Tobas Fire. Well I was going to try to take a pic and pulled the inflo a bit towards the camera, when all of a sudden it snapped off. I could not believe it, after waiting and now seeing the blooms, so disappointing. I guess Ill have to wait another season for blooms again :( I am thinking early season inflos are brittle or more fragile, lesson learned..lol

So threw the inflo in the trash and decided to go get lunch. Well after lunch I decided to go back to my patch and at least try to take pics of the blooms. I opened the trash can and noticed that a tenant had put their trash bag on top the inflo. I was able to find the inflo and the crushed, fallen blooms and placed them on a paper towel to photograph. I dont know if it was 80 degree heat or being smashed by a full tall kitchen trash bag, but the flowers looked bad.

Anyway here it is.

Well I hope there is no more drama in my patch this season.

Hope everyones plumies are going wild.

Happy Growing.

Comments (29)