SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann_fla

Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015

JoAnn_Fla
9 years ago

Its been a really long time since we did this and I think since we have so many new people we need to know something about each other. I'll begin and everyone else can follow. If you have a photo to add that would be great! You can see all our photos here: Our Photos

Hi everyone,

I'm JoAnn, I live in North Fla. I've been a widow since 2011, I live with my Shorkey dog (shihtzu/yorkie) I did have a big blue & Gold parrot but I recently let my son take her. She needed a man in her life.

I do all kinds of crafts, I like to read, I love the beach and all things beachy. I spend way too much time on the computer if I am not watching too much TV.

I work part time as a Merchandiser for American Greetings, that's putting up and taking down the greeting cards and all that goes with it.

I started the KT Gathering place back in 2010, you can see it from the photo link above. Lots of pages & information to look at. Its all about us KTer's.

I usually begin these "Swaps" we have been having.

If you want to get to know everyone here tell us a bit about yourself or just ask.

Come on now your next!

Comments (90)

• dees_1
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi I'm Dee....I know...creative. I was born without a creative gene but got a fairly large funny bone to make up for it. Been coming to GW since 1996 or 1997. Started on the Garden forums then the Appliance forums. I read more than I post.

DH and I have been married 23 years this May but we met 37 years ago in high school. He's my second and I'm glad he wasn't my first because we'd have divorced long ago! Too late to get rid of him now....he's a good guy but that needs to be kept quiet. He's rather sensitive about folks knowing that. Trusting you all to keep that close to the vest. We live in west TN now but we (separately) have been everywhere. We're both prior service (I was a Marine, he was Navy). I have one son (from 1st marriage) who will be 33 in April. He's married with two step kids (10 and 8) and one daughter (3). Both my son and his wife are full time TN Army NG.

My hobbies are cooking (and eating), birding ('m a Purple Martin landlord to about 100 nesting pair), playing with my cats, sports (pretty much all major sports) and riding my motorcycle. I like running and have started doing yoga. I work in the systems support field so when I'm done work, I want off a PC. I collect depression glass, books/movies/music (you don't want to know how many we have....seriously large numbers). I am a bit of a car buff but have been out of it for over 10 years.

Here are my kitties...you've seen them before; this is an older picture. They both are about 15 pounds. Duke is the tuxedo (he's 1) and Parker is grey (he's 3). Just for giggles, here's my motorcycle.

• hoovergal
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm Debbie and I live in the Birmingham, Alabama metro area. I'm mid 50s and I've been married 28 years. I have two grown sons, 27 & 25, and the oldest married in October - No grandchildren just yet. I work full time in Risk Management and hope to retire in 8 years. My Mother was diagnosed with Dementia in 2011 and now lives full time with me. This past year has been challenging for us as we adjust to the ever changing world of Dementia, but I consider it an honor to be able to care for her. I also have a spoiled Jack Russell Terrier who likes his blanket fluffed each night before bed.

• Related Discussions

new: obf-"let us know-let us know"

Q

Comments (143)
    Wow, I am so glad that I'm feeling a bit better to come and say hi! I started reading at the top and read all the way down. How nice to get to know you all better! I know that I didn't join in this swap or last months but hope it's o.k. if I still answer the questions and tell my story too. O.K. well I won't repeat what you guys already knew about my sickness & recovery. But here is a bit about it that I didn't say... Although this isn't a fact in stone just my opinion (on the cause) I have lived in the country all my life and the crop dusters dump their poisons all over everywhere as people have homes next to fields the wind carries that stuff. When I was 12 (I'm 38 now) I started developing strange health issues. When I was 16 they were very evident. When I was 25 I began having seizures, was in a wheelchair, in and out of a normal state of mind. Lost the ability to read, didn't know my family. It was dreadful! What a trooper my husband is! May 7 of this year made 8 years that I have been seizure free (no meds, that stuff is just about the devil incarnate itself). MS was what I was diagnosed with. My Mom tells me that when I was a baby that when the crop dusters would dust the crops all around us that I would be sick to my stomach and vomiting the entire day afterwards. I believe there is a connection between the 2 if not the cause. My Mom also has MS. I strongly believe that chemicals are causing all sorts of maladies with people, bees & animals. People do not believe me when I tell them I believe that so many diseases are caused by the poisons that we've created and that we are to blame for so many diseases afflicting us. As a kid we played in the fields bare footed! I live nowhere near fields and if all of a sudden the hundreds of acres of woods around me were turned into fields well I would rather be homeless under a bridge than to ever live anywhere near crop dusting planes again! lol However since my b-day was in Dec. that's the only thing that has changed I'm now 39. Well, that and I started having seizures again back in Nov. (sighs) I was soooo looking forward to making the 9 year mark to dang it. Q. # 1 That I am outgoing, I am not and I struggle with being an introvert as well. #1 because I can't remember people. In town I see people that say "Hey Rena', I haven't seen you in forever! How's Roy and the kids?" I swear I have no memory of ever seeing them in my life! And it happens constantly. When my husband or kids are with me I then ask "Who was that? And where do I "know them from?" So I hate going in public where I run into people that I can't remember at all but who apparently know me pretty well. It is disconcerting to say the least. And how do you say Um sorry but I don't remember you. So I just hug them back and smile like they are my long lost buddy. Q. #2 (Although I missed the game so I'll just list 3 true things.) 1. I can't stand facades. So I make a point when people want to be my friend I tell them everything negative about me 1st. (Although I am a super-positive person.) I figure skip the pretenses and get right to it if you still like me after then you are my true friend and we can have a true friendship. That way we don't waste each others time if down the road you feel like wow that Rena' is a real ding-bat. lol Right up front you know everything about me. Ex. I like you because thus and so... Then I counter with 2 things about me that should be improved. You then say well I like that about you, I counter with more truth. So my friends know everything about me the good the bad & the ugly. 2. Even though I reveal everything about myself I never ever ask personal questions of my friends. Period. Because if I'm your friend it's unchangeable, I'm your friend. 3. I am such a one track minded person that when company comes over for dinner and I'm cooking you better not talk to me. lol You'd think my husband would know better by now... The other night I felt well enough to cook (hamburger steaks) and he sat down and served himself, his eyes got as big as golf balls after the 1st bite. lol I forgot ALL seasoning, no salt, no cajun seasoning, no worchestsire nada... The whole time I was trying to cook he was talking a mile a minute. My brain can't be in 2 places at one time. Jeesh, he knows that! Aw well if he forgot he was reminded. lol Q. #3 The worst was when I couldn't hold conversations with any of my family and not understanding them when they tried to talk to me. The best was when I got better and could play ball with the kids, hug them, talk to them and understand them. Also forever I will remember cleaning the bathrooms for the 1st time since I had gotten better and singing loudly while cleaning the toilet. I promise you've never seen someone as happy as I was cleaning a toilet! lol Q. #4 Seizures returning after 8 years of zero. But I am unbelievably thankful for the 8 good years just wish it would of lasted 'til death. Q. #5 The most? That I relish the uniqueness & diversity of my family members and friends personalities & strive to never ever be judgemental of others. Although I am unrelenting with judging myself and forever fall short of my own standards which are ridiculously rigid. And that I am an eternal optimist! (Albeit my husband says my "head is in the clouds.") Hummmmm is he saying I'm an airhead?! lol The least? Wow, that's a toughie too many to choose just one but let's see ... I create unrealistic goals for myself all the time and always am disappointed when I can't achieve them. Wish that I could be more realistic when setting goals. Also I start things am gung ho in the beginning but then get bored or lose interest or am overwhelmed at the unattainability of the goal. And battle depression as a result. Anyhoo on the bright side yesterday here was so warm I was in a short sleeve shirt and planted some more bulbs, yes I know they should all already be in the ground (all 400 of them). lol Got about 10 planted... Only 390 (or so) more to go... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May it be your best year ever!!! Rena'
    ...See More

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #1

Q

Comments (81)
    WTG, Claire! Good bird mother. That's a happy thrush. Glad your power stayed on. What a relief. I can't answer nhbabs's curiosity about why we Southerners only see Hermit Thrushes in the winter, but after checking my 'Thrushes' folder, yup, all the pictures are in winter. They must summer in NH and winter in the flatlands, I guess. Today is the first time I was able to capture a RB Woodpecker twice in flight after leaving the suet cage. Downloaded a free copy of GIMP, (a free rendition of Photoshop) and tried to superimpose the two pictures. I need practice, but here it is: Jane This post was edited by corunum on Tue, Jan 27, 15 at 16:29
    ...See More

March 2015 vs March 2014....

Q

Comments (16)
    Annette - a dry future in the long-term would sure be a change for much of B.C. - I assume you're not in the Okanagan where dry is currently fairly normal...? How hot and dry this summer will be here is now the big question.... Last summer was cooler than normal and a bit drier in our garden than 2013 (644 mm. Apr.-Oct. in 2014 vs. 674 mm. in 2013) but higher than the average here (563 mm. - 22.15") Rainfall here can vary a lot from month to month and year to yearbut, luckily so far at least, dry periods have been temporary, unlike what some of you have been suffering through! I'm not sure what long-term climate impacts are expected to be here. other than hotter! Precipitation forecasts seem to be more uncertain for here. peren.all - we've now had a few days with highs above freezing and even some drizzle overnight last night. There is now grass and bare ground appearing around the neighbourhood finally. With warm temperatures and even some rain in the forecast for the next few days, I hope the snow will be gone soon! Then it's supposed to get cold again mid next week :-( Temperatures don't reliably warm up here until the jetstream retreats north of Hudson Bay - and stays there! That's usually mid-April or later. It's not uncommon for me to be gardening with a ski jacket on in the first half of May! daves10 - are those magnolias? Ours bloom 2nd-3rd week of May (Picture below is May 22 2014). The neighbours' star magnolia is the first to bloom, in April.
    ...See More

Attention LURKERS!

Q

Comments (67)
    Oh my gosh I have been dealing with Floods and here y'all are with chocolate and potato chips and a beautiful cake and lots of new friends! Move on over don't let me roll over your toes! I have a big bowl of fresh strawberries and dipping chocolate! I love this virtual reality where I can eat stuff like this again lol. I am in very wet North Houston living in the rv in the driveway, me and my husband Mr Raven and Mia my little dog. Welcome to all!
    ...See More
  • happy2b…gw
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm Linda, born and raised in New York City, but central Maryland has been my home for almost 40 years. I have been married 42 years to the same guy, a talented engineer, designer who is my design/build/handyman guy. We met in high school. We have three daughters who are successful professionals, three wonderful sons-in-law and 7 grandkids whom we adore.Two out of three live nearby, the other in NC. Like so many of you, I have a set of twin granddaughters. Unbelievable to look from one to the other of them when they were newborn and realize TWO babies. Oh my!

I was a middle school English/Reading teacher, retired almost two years. I am enjoying substitute teaching in two schools where I used to teach. There is a gaggle of us retirees who come back to sub. We have a ball. I love teaching, being with kids and colleagues.

Family and teaching have filled my time. I am adjusting to retirement and having time to pursue new avenues. I like to read and have a huge list of books to read; I enjoy reading the garden web, but trying to spend limit time spent on web. I want to learn to crochet and plan to teach myself. My mother and her sisters knit and crocheted. Despite their best efforts, I never caught on past the chain stitch. I can knit though. I love vintage linens like tablecloths and dresser scarves and have a small collection that I use. I am trying to exercise and eat a more healthful diet- fewer carbs.

I am getting reacquainted with my house, currently sprucing it up - refinishing floors and painting, a remodeled kitchen is on the agenda also. Choosing paint colors has been tough, but fun. Paring down stuff, rearranging furniture and updating has been both satisfying and rewarding.

Glad to meet everyone and look forward to our developing acquaintance.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm scooting my chair over from Kitchens and Building 'cause you all seem like such a good bunch. They call me bpath over there, which is just fine with me because I love me a path...through the woods, through the prairie, I even take the little stepping stone path through the 6 clumps Karl Forster grass in the parking lot at the store. In our current and our previous house, the fist thing DH did was wend a path through the little wooded part of the back yards, bless his heart. I'm a Midwestern/Great Lakes kinda gal, live with DH and DS (our other DS is in university) and two kitties--who are supposed to be siblings but we just don't see it, and the completely ignore one another. Hmm, maybe they ARE like siblings lol.

I love china and linens, but I don't entertain much! I love to walk, to cruise around the neighborhood on my bike, read and spy on my kid I mean help out at school. I'm not much for shopping but I love going to the county flea market. You never know when you're going to find just the thing you're looking for, like the green bowl for the Pyrex mixing bowl set. I did find it once, and broke it 2 years later. I guess that's why they are so hard to find :)

Oops, time to pick up DS from school (yeah, a really late day) I hope it's okay to pull up my chair and my cuppa from time to time.

• angela_nor_calif
    9 years ago

I'm Angela from Northern California. I'm 50 years old. I have two wonderful kids that are both in college and a great husband plus many furbabies. I've been a co-director with a local rescue group for about 3 1/2 years and we mostly rescue and help find homes for the animals at our local shelter. It's the best, most heart wrenching, yet most rewarding "job" I have ever had. I know I have found my calling.

• linda_in_iowa
    9 years ago

I am Linda and I live in a college town in Iowa. I am 72, will be 73 in April. I moved here 9 years ago from the Sonoma Co wine area of California. I love Iowa. I have lots of distant cousins here from my mom's side of the family. Three days a week I watch a cousin's four month old baby and another day I deliver Meals on Wheels. I have a precious 4 yr. old "grandson" who is not related to me but he calls me Grammy. His parents are friends from church and I have watched him a lot all his life. In the summer he keeps me young by insisting I go down slides and swing on the swings when we go to the park. I have an adult son who moved here last summer from Sonoma Co. I also have a Lab named Cooper and 3 indoor cats, Gidget, Peggy Sue and Mango. I have traveled to several countries in Europe, Caribbean and Central America. Last summer I went on a church mission trip to Costa Rica. In October I will fly out to CA for my 55 year high school reunion. Since moving here, I have become a basketball fan. Friends and I have season tickets to women's basketball and I go to the men's games several times a season. Our men will be playing in the Big 12 playoffs and in the NCAA finals in a few weeks. Next,

• frankginakay
    9 years ago

Hey, I am GinaKay married to Frank for 27 years. I am a native Texan, but living in SW Florida~~and loving this winter weather. We have a daughter and son in law that are living in Mongolia for 2 years. They just had our second grandchild last week in Hong Kong! We also have two sons. Our youngest is 23 and just closed on a house last week, so I will be lurking around for help on paint advice. May get brave enough to post some photos for help. It is a small 1972 house with not a lot of light. My DH and I are both working, but like to golf, go to the beach and boat with friends. The Gulf side of Florida is gorgeous! Thank you for getting this thread started, I am really enjoying it.

• Hellion
    9 years ago

Hi, Helen here. Been at the KT since 1999. Found it by searching for recipes. Married to Gary for 44 years with two daughters and 4 grands ages 19 to 10. I was born and raised in Michigan and we bought a house in Florida in 2003 and moved down full time in 2004. Love the warmer weather here.

We live in a gated community near The Villages which is said to be Disneyland for seniors, lol. I worked in the restaurant for 5 years after moving here and then 4 years in the Pro Shop and now have retired. Gary still works on the golf course mowing greens several mornings a week. We both golf and Gary plays softball and umpires. I love cooking and baking and going to movies and dinner.

Love reading about all of you!

• gazania_gw
    9 years ago

I am gazania from west central PA, just 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. A native Pennsylvanian, but lived in Ohio and Michigan during DH's working years. Retired 'back home' to PA 15 years ago. We will celebrate 55 years of wedded bliss this year.

Oldest of our two daughters lives nearby. Her sister passed away unexpectedly 8 years ago. No grandchildren, but have a great love for all the four legged "grandchildren" that daughters have provided over the years.

I am somewhat handicapped, having been diagnosed with a progressive muscle disease when I was in high school. Fooled everybody! I can still walk, at least a short distance if necessary. A cane for very short distance, or the walls, furniture anything within reach keeps me upright in my home. Away form home or in the yard I use a scooter. My sister also has this disease. She is 10 years older, so I can see what is in store for me.

My Dh takes very good care of me, always thinking up ways to make my days easier. He has his own health issues (diabetes & heart) but at 74 can work circles around most men.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

This thread has been so much fun to read! What a group of wonderful people.

I'm Dorie and though I live in northern Alabama and love it, I feel like I'm 'from' the lowcountry (one word) of South Carolina where I lived for most of my life.

After graduating from Va. Tech, I enjoyed a wonderful and varied career as a horticultural consultant, educator, TV and radio garden expert, speaker, and writer. I've had some pretty unique experiences.

I've been a member of GW for close to twenty years....even 'met' my husband in the Tree Forum, lol. I've been loving the KT for about three years, I guess, and feel a real kinship with you all.

These days, health issues keep me fairly close to home where I garden, cook up a storm, entertain pretty frequently, and love life to the fullest.

• josephene_gw
    9 years ago

Got another space at this table?

Just found you all now it's one of the first places I tap into. Grew up in big AL .the southern part of the state. Joined the army at 18. i have lived in Md, Coumbus, Ohio, Dayton, ohio, Lake Charles, La., Mobile, Al. , Silsbee, Tx. Then we moved to Grants, NM. Retiring soon and moving to northern Al.

Whew... All that moving and another one coming up soon. I have 4 sons from a previous marriage. Two in Baltimore, Md. One in Ohio, and one in Ca. One granddaughter in Ca. I was a bookstore manager for many years, loved it. Am not retired and am a doggie mom. Oh and I'm married to a wonderful man, John, he wants to retire and sit on his dock and fish. he was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years age and is having a rough time with it. Changeling to find recepies for food he will eat. We both love gardening so it will be great to live in Al where we can grow veggies. I collect gardening books have a very nice library.

Hope to meet some of you folks someday.

Jo

• lisaw2015 (ME)
    9 years ago

Hello there everyone! I am brand spanking new here & you all seem like such a great bunch! I hope you don't mind a newbie :) I live in central Maine, been here all of my 50 yrs. Married (3rd time....don't judge :) with 1 daughter, 1 step son , 4 grandkids (my daughters) and our stepson's 1st born (girl) arrives home from Alaska in June! He is in the Coast Guard , he & his wife are expecting in mid May. We are very excited to meet her!

I am a school secretary in a very small rural town & absolutley love it!! I worked in a highly stressful position(HR) for over 22 years and at 50, decided I needed to have a little more fun. Also, this is the first the first time in many years that I am traveling less than 90 minutes to & from work, 15 minutes!! LOVE IT!! The kids & staff are so awesome, I just couldn't be happier! (much poorer, but, oh well)

I first came across GW about 3 years ago looking for info on Hostas, found many great threads that were very helpful. Then I just started looking at all the different discussions outside of the Hosta forum, some pretty intense reading I can tell you!

Anyway...thats enough about be, happy to have found you all!!

Next...

• lisaw2015 (ME)
    9 years ago

P.S. Any other Mainers out there?

• JoAnn_Fla
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Let's not stop yet, I'm sure we have more members.

Who's next?

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Let's see, I'm Jasdip, an acronym for Just Another Sh***y Day in Paradise.

My sweetie and I live together in an apartment in Southwestern Ontario; along with 3 cats and several thousand composting worms :-)

No kids, never had the urge to have any, and not one iota of a regret on my decision. Got my tubes tied 34 years ago, and that was a feat, finding a doctor who would do it as I was in my early 20's.

I've been a welder, worked in factories and on a chicken farm, and in sales. I now do market research doing polls, focus groups and getting political opinions.

I joined in 2007. I found the Kitchen Table, and asked a question about making bread in my bread maker. I got prompt suggestions and everyone seemed so friendly. Well I sat my butt down at the Table, and never looked back. I love it here.

• cacocobird
    9 years ago

I'm Sue, and I live in South Orange County in CA. I'm divorced with a 44 year old daughter. I live in an apartment with Joey, my Jardine's parrot.

I retired after 28 years. I am still working part time, reading tarot cards. I also love to read books -- mostly mysteries.

Nice to meet all of you!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Learn something interesting here everyday. I always wondered what Jasdip stood for and now I know. :)

• eld6161
    9 years ago

Ditto :)

• Sue_va
    9 years ago

I am Sue, and that is my real name; never wanted a screen name; just preferred to be me. I grew up in northern Virginia, graduated from high school in 1942 and went right to work for Uncle Sam. I married my GI husband in 1944 and three months later he was sent over seas, and I went back to work, at the Pentagon, where I had my introduction to computers in the first IBM class ever taught there. The war ended, my DH came home safe, I resigned, and we began our "real life." We had two children, a girl and then a boy. His goal in life was to teach high school government, social studies, etc. which he did, until 1982, up until three weeks before he passed away from colon cancer. My goal was to be a SAHM, long before that term was ever thought of. We were blessed with two grandsons and one granddaughter. Now I also have 3 great grandsons and one great granddaughter. Trying to adjust to living alone, I signed up for Nurses Aid training at our hospital. Loved it, went on to CNA and eventually had to give it up because of increasing spinal problems.

When I got my first computer I started looking for help with container gardening, because by then "old Arthur" made any yard work difficult. I somehow found the Garden Web Garden Party. I cautiously started posting there and was well received. It was there that I read that Spike had just that day opened a new site, because of a ruckus at HGTV. The new site was The Kitchen Table, primarily meant to be a fun site. I immediately went there and was one of the first three to sign up. I used to remember the names of the others, and may still have them somewhere in the old notes I have kept. That was in 1997.

I also roamed around the other GW sites and spent a lot of time at Computer Help. What a great resource that was, and is. I soon learned that GW folks were all friendly, (well, mostly) as well as helpful.

My favorite activity for many years was going to auctions and yard sales. Bought many pieces that I still use in my home, and also to clean up, refinish and resell, I am a people person and enjoy being with other people in groups or one on one. I love visitors.

I have written many stories about my life and the family. Someday I'm going to have them all done up into booklets, or something, for my progeny.

Ten years ago I moved into a Retirement Community in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, where I plan to remain until ...?

Now I see another Sue . . . Welcome! That makes about six of us, I think.

• bengardening
    9 years ago

I am Bengardening. I joined in 2001 I think. I come on here a few times a day. Why I chose bengardening I don't know. I don't garden. I always say plants come to my house to die. Ben is the first part of my last name. I am 63 years old. I am the fourth of ten children. My parents are both deceased and one of my sisters passed away when she was forty. My mother and sister both passed away from pancreatic cancer.

I live in a small town of 50 people. I never though I would like to live in a town this small, but I love it. I grew up on a farm and it is like living on a farm and this is a farming community. We came from Bismarck ND so it was quite a change from 45,000 to 50.

I have been married to DH for 41 years. We have a daughter who lives in Holland MI with her DH, 2 daughters and 1 son. Our son lives in Bismarck ND with his DW. He has 1 daughter and 2 sons and 2 grandchildren.

I have worked in a restaurant all of my life. I think I am a pretty good cook. In October I started working in a LTC facility in the kitchen. I think I will stay there until I retire. I have to drive 18 miles to go to work since there isn't any jobs here.

We are Catholic. I attend church regularly. I belong to a homemakers club and to a local club where some of us ladies just get together for fellowship. I also belong to the American Legion Auxillary since my DH was in Viet Nam.

Two years ago I decided I needed something to do with my spare time. We went to Rollag MN for the annual Steam threshers reunion and they had a woman's building where women were doing all kinds of crafts. There was a lady there who was making rugs out of old sheets. I talked to her but I never got her name or telephone number. We went back the next year but she wasn't there but some gave me her number. She was from Bismarck, and it took 8 months for her to get back to me. My DH made me a loom that is flat like a picture frame. My sister and I went to house and learned how to make them in an afternoon. I have made 12 of them I think. I wanted something that wouldn't cost me a lot of money and didn't take up much room. Most of the sheets I pick up at a thrift store for 25 or 50 cents. I donate them for benefits and if I ever get enough made I will give some of them to an abuse shelter to give to the women.

I also like to read and play games on my Kindle, and computer.

Ok this got longer than I planned so on to the next please.

• bob_cville
    9 years ago

I'm Bob and although I'm originally from Cincinnati, I currently live in central Virginia working doing computer programming for the library at the University. I'm nearing 50 and have been married for 20 years. I found gardenweb in 2006 or so as we were planning a remodel of our kitchen and mostly hung out on the kitchen forum, the electrical forum, the plumbing forum, the bathrooms forum, the appliances forum, and a few others, rarely asking a question, instead mostly treating the forums as a read-only medium. After finishing the kitchen, almost completely DIY, I hung around contributing back to the forums that had helped me, and eventually migrated over to the cooking forum and to here.

I enjoy travel, and photography, and consider myself a really good cook. I play volleyball in the local city league a couple days a week. I read a lot, but mostly science fiction, and enjoy playing games but must. always. win. :-)

We currently have 4 horses and one yellow tabby, Lewis. We had a Jack Russell Terrier, Spot, who was my best buddy for 17 years, but he died about a year and a half ago. My wife rides several a week often going to horse shows, and won enough this past year to be named the best amateur rider in the state in two categories.

who's next? who's left?

• secsteve
    9 years ago

I'm Steve from Dover, DE. I've belong to this site since the early 90's when I discovered the KT forum.

I spent 4 years in the Navy and sixteen in the AF and retired after twenty years of active duty. My handle is based on what I used to do when I worked. I was an administrative assistant after retiring from the military and one of my bosses used to love saying I was his favorite "secretary". When I joined AOL I needed a name, so seemed natural to use my bosses little joke, so secsteve it was.

I'm married to my longtime friend, George. We'd been together for 34 years when Delaware made SS marriage legal and got married on that anniversary date. This last year we celebrated our 1st/35th anniversary with a big party. (Some folks may remember the pictures I posted.) I have two step-daughters and one step-son. We have 5 granddaughters and one grandson and two great-granddaughters. George is grandpa and I've always been grandpa Steve.

My favorite thing is my flower beds in front. Every year I plant glads and all the neighbors always comment on how beautiful they are. This year I'm adding Hollyhocks. It'll feel good to work in my garden this year as due to surgery I wasn't able to last year.

Next.

• insideout17
    9 years ago

Another Mainer here-central Maine. I'm actually a throw-back to the early KT days in 1999-2000 or so. I'm pushing 70 (aside, whenever I can), a SAHM (stuck at home Mainer) now, due to health problems. Married to a fellow writer who takes wonderful care of me and I spend my time trying to stay out of trouble. Don't laugh-you'd be surprised to see what I can get into just sitting here. Love to laugh, hard and often, and nothing is off-limits to me. Nothing's sacred, when it comes to wisecracks, etc.

• tami_ohio
    9 years ago

I am Tami. I live in north central Ohio, born and raised. Arkansas_girl, you and I need to do a meet and greet! I am married to my high school sweetheart 33 years in May. Two wonderful children, one of each, 1 wonderful DDIL, one wonderful S/O that we consider our DSIL, and 4 fantastic grandchildren. We have been fur parents to 3 bunnies, but are currently petless. We have an RV and love to travel in it, but DH still works, and really enjoys it. I have been blessed to be a SAHM. I love to read, knit, crochet, basket weave, and spoil the grands, well, DH and the kids, too! I spoil them all. I have been fortunate enough to meet at least 30 KT'ers. As I sat here reading about everyone, I have been making a list, and I know I have forgotten some of them. My very first experience, and it was an experience!, was driving to Niagara Falls, Canada, in January, to meet Heather_ON, her DH, and a group of other KT'ers, and some DH's. All By My Self! Now those of you who already know me, know what that meant to/for me. I got lost one year, many years ago, while working, before I got married, downtown Cleveland, OH, on a Friday afternoon for over 4 hours. That ended my adventurous driving. And I had never crossed the border alone. So for me to drive 5 hours, alone, and cross the border into Canada, get yelled at by the border crossing guard who's lane I went thru ( I am used to the turnpike booths where you just pull up behind the person in front of you, and didn't see the sign to wait behind the line!), and meet a bunch of strangers, was a HUGE deal for me! And I loved every minute I spent with them all. Let's see if I can remember most of them. Some don't post here any more, some not as often, but all are still thought of. Of course Heather, and her DH, whom we have met several other times since, Cherryfizz, Dances_in_gardens, Nicole_on & her DH & DD, Mush & her DH, Eliza Ann & her DD, I think her name was luv4pets, Kristi in WI & her DH, and I think there was one other couple, can't think who it was. Any of you who were there, jump in and tell me, it's gonna bug me all day now! We have been to Sandy_in_IA's for the second get together they held, and met Moni, Toni_NE, Grandmahoney, Dea_MN, Joan_MN, Monica PA, Linda_IA (who hadn't yet moved from CA) and more that I can't remember again, so jump in and remind me here too please! Kathsgrdn and her 2 children, KathyGin MI, Bigack and Janie_ga & Flamingo!!!!! Mingo, the impression you made on my kids still lasts to today! They would love to see you again. Remember teaching them to stick spoons to their noses at lunch that day?!!!! I know I have not remembered everyone we have met. Missy OH, who has passed away. I hope to have the chance to meet many more of you.

Oh, and keep in mind, I also organize the Christmas card exchange every year, starting in October for sign up. So start saving for postage! Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you are not living in the US. And if you celebrate the Christmas season in any other way, you are still welcome to participate. As far as I am concerned, if you wish me greetings of the season in what ever religion you choose, and are happy to accept my wish for a Merry Christmas, I am happy to accept your chosen wish for the season.

I think that is a long enough book.

Tami Ohio

• party_music50
    9 years ago

I'm party_music50 -- a name I took when we were planning my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. :o) Been at GW since around 2002, I think, having been kicked off at one point because I questioned something Spike did. lol! I think I discovered the KT forum around 18 months ago....

I'm from central NY and I'm a long-time computer programmer and webmaster (high tech prototyping), so I spend tons of time on computers. I love good food and love to cook and especially love to bake! I've become a really good gluten-free baker since my BF learned in 2010 that he's allergic to wheat.

I'm an avid golfer (taught by BF who is a *REALLY* good golfer) and we play every day that we can -- always walking and usually just 9-holes. My best handicap index was 9.5 for 18 holes (I practiced that year!)... I'm small but I hit the ball a ton for my size and I'm as competitive as Bob. lol! We especially love to pair up with friends and play in charity golf scrambles! our scrambles are the highlight of our summer. :)

I've been a gardener (in and out) since I was 8 years old -- starting with an african violet and a pkt of celosia seeds. Been a seed-saver since college -- way back before it was cool. I have many artistic hobbies and have been concentrating on basket making for years... both teaching basket-weaving and competing successfully at the NYS Fair since 2008. I'm currently working on my entries for 2015. :)

And there's never enough time in the day!!! :O)

• susie53_gw
    9 years ago

Hello, I have been at the Kitchen Table since 2001. I have really enjoyed it a lot. Met so many nice people.

I live in Indiana and have been married almost 47 years to Larry. Wonderful guy. We have 3 children. Son, Scott, daughter's Annette and Stacey. They are all maried to terrific people. Love all of them dearly. We have 6 granddaughters, 2 grandsons and 2 step grandsons. All are terrific kids. Love spending time with them. They are ages from 4 to 24.

I have always been blessed to be a stay at home mom. I did do home daycare. Most of them now are married and have children of their own. They come visit from time to time.

I love anything outside. I have lots of flowers. I love sharing with family and friends. Both my daughters got the flower bug from me. I took the Master Gardener's class this past Fall. I am enjoying the fellowship of other gardeners. I love looking for something new.. Can't wait for all this snow to be gone and warmer days come.

I also love crafting. Don't do as much as I used to due to Ole Arthy!! Our church has a holiday bazaar each year and I enjoy making things for it. This past year I made 35 little girl aprons and took a few more orders. One lady bought 8 of them for her granddaughters. They were so cute. I'm already starting things for next year. I have been a sewer for 50 plus years. Love making baby gifts.

We have another home in the southern part of our state and we enjoy going there. Our children and their families come down often. We had to put in another bedroom to fit everyone in. The property has an old schoolhouse on it and we redid the inside. It still has the orginial hardwood floors in it. When my hubby took me down to look at the property the house was all boarded up where windows had been busted out. I thought oh dear. We couldn't look inside. I could tell my hubby really wanted to buy it but I wasn't sure. After giving it some thought I told him if he thought it was a solid investment go ahead and make an offer. He did and the place was ours. It has 34 acreas with it. That was 20 years ago.

I enjoy cooking although I don't do as much as I used to. My girls have taken over the holiday and birthday celebrations. All are great cooks and have fabulous ideas. My 4 year old granddaughter, Kendall, told her mommy grandma needed a Barbie cake for her birthday. Barbie was my cake..

Well, I guess I have gone on long enough.. Someone else's turn.

Susie53

• katclaws
    9 years ago

Hello....again,

It's great to see so many KT'rs that found their way here. I finally figured out how to get on houzz. I hope others won't have as hard a time following the "breadcrumbs" to get back to the KT/GW as I did. I almost re-registered as "Exiled_KTr", but now that I'm up and running (so to speak) I'm going to just keep using my old username katclaws.

I've been coming to the KT since 1999 and the days of Spike & riding the teacups. Made many dear cyber friends. Had the chance to meet the sweet, infamous, lovable & hilarious DoTTie--how I miss that dear lady & so many others that have passed.

I will be married to my DH for 35 yrs this coming May. We have one son, a dear DIL & 2 sweet granddaughters, ages 8 & 9. They are the light of my life! We also have our fur-kids--one is a 98 lb. german shepherd, that DH named Duke & 2 kitties, Freddi & Pinecone. We all live in the same house, sort of--LONG Story-- but the gist of it is DH & I are living in my late parents In-Law Quarters & DS & his family live in our former main house. They also have a GSD who is the older brother to Duke. (not litter-mates, but same parents) & can't forget the granddaughters 2 Guinea pigs, Coco & Marshmallow. So that's the crew.

We really do try to maintain our privacy & let them have theirs. They are very active & always on the go anyway. With 2 german shepherds running, playing & rough-housing we basically have NO grass left--just mud puddles for them to roll in--so I guess I will be spending some time looking thru GW threads for advice on lawns or just go with astro-turf?

A few years ago, I went back to school to work in healthcare. I was working as a phlebotomist, but suddenly lost vision in one eye due to CRVO. I guess no one want's their blood drawn from someone who can't see veins. LOL Now, I mostly "work" as Grandma-care for before & after school for my granddaughters.

Anyway, that's about it for me. All I can say is that I'm older & a little wiser since I first found the KT. Posted with some amazing people through the years, so I'm glad to see it's still going & looking forward to meeting/posting with the new members too.

Hope I haven't bored you all to tears. lol So, who is next?

• joyfulguy
    9 years ago

Ed here, born and raised in this London, Ontario, Canada area, sang in church choir before voice change, hadn't travelled over 30 mi. from home till age 17: gas rationing in World War II. Hired hands on Dad's large farm went to war, what Dad, this 10-year old and a couple of younger brothers got done, got done, for the next few years, the rest didn't. Dad had trouble breathing, moved to farm near Regina, Saskatchewan when I was 17, I took seminary, liberal Protestant church, as missionary helped refugees get resettled in Korea after Korean War, met an Iowa girl at Cornell, married, have son, who lives nearby and daughter, who turned 50 last fall, has spent most of last 20 yrs. in AZ: flew me there to celebrate my 80th, a few years ago.

Sue and I were together for 11 years, she became head of food service in psych hosp., retired early when talk of closing hers or another hosp. nearby, we were apart for about 35 years, she died of, ironically, colon cancer just over 10 years ago.

Parish clergyperson several years, clergy weren't supposed to divorce, 45 years ago, so not helpful for career, worked as personal financial consultant for a number of years and did other things, been retired over 15 years.

Have rented farmhouse on what used to be step-uncle's farm 15 miles from London for 10 years, figure that I can stay here as long as I can drive. Landlord, great guy, has cultivated a garden of increasing size till now over a mile of row ... but bad season, last year: less than half first planting got done: pretty well a fiasco. Have taken produce to two churches which I attend (recipients are to add to offering plate), social service agencies and son and landlord. Some difficulty in working up enthusiasm for another go-round, come spring.

Enjoying quite good health, some varicose veins, and had blood clots shortly after some shrinkage treatment a few years ago, so on rat poison; little apparent diminution of capability after that. Also have some arthritis and doc put me on glucosamine sulphate. Pleased that body seldom says, "Listen, you darned old fool - I can't DO that for you any more!"

Get a good bit of enjoyment from teasing the folks here on KT quite a bit. Have been pleased to have met several, at various gatherings and during my travels.

ole joyful

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

anyone else?

• Else
    9 years ago

Hi there,
    I'm Terese and I'm "brand new" here, although my username might be changing shortly. But I'm Terese never-the-less! :) I am a native Norwegian, married, been a homemaker for a lot of years, and have loved staying home with our kids. They are all teenagers now, two girls of 17 and 15 and a boy who's 13. They are awesome kids who let me hug and smooch on them, which I'm very thankful for! It's challenging too, and I find it to be a it's a scary time and age to raise teenagers in. But I think we'll all "survive" in the end.

I love animals and have two cats, one beautiful, long haired brown tabby who's very independent (Jasmine, 9) and will decide if it's time to cuddle or not, and if she's on my lap I can't move a muscle or she's offended and will LEAVE!! So THERE! Haha! And then a real snuggler, short haired black lap cat (Josie, 7). We adopted Josie just a few months ago and they are doing OK together for the most part, but Jasmine can be a real grump at times toward Josie. Hoping she'll get better after a while. Both of them are otherwise very good and easy to care for, such great cats! They're just no trouble!

Things I like to do: singing, reading, vegetable gardening, otherwise I'm very domestically inclined and just love to take care of things at home and make foods from scratch. I also have a blog that I try to keep up with, with recipes and picture tutorials on things I do at home. It's a lot of work but a very fun hobby to have! As a family we're very involved with activities at our church, helping out in various ways, and doing service projects in our community as well.

Thanks for having me!

• monica_pa Grieves
    9 years ago

Welcome...and pull up your chair.

Joined the KT about 12-13 years ago.

I'm Monica, born South Philly, grew up in South Jersey, and danced on American Bandstand for a couple of years.

Moved back to Pa, when I married 1st husband, he died of cancer over 10 years ago.

Re-married a couple of years, and moved to Philadelphia suburbs...15 minutes from the the largest indoor shopping center in the US - King of Prussia Mall.

Worked for systems companies since 1972, as an instructor in systems configuration, database design and programming - all over the world, from Sweden to New Zealand.

Married #2, and we both retired.

One granddaughter, who, fortunately we get to see for Sunday dinners.
    Retired computer nerd, who remembers punch cards.

Love to cook, bake and travel.

Met many KT'ers over the years.

• marilyn_c
    9 years ago

I'm Marilyn, and I live in s/e Texas, in the boondocks, on a bayou. I am 68 years old, married for 49 years, one daughter who is 34. My daughter married her long time boyfriend last May....they had been together for 12 years...longer than most marriages. They live and work in Houston and have no plans to have children, so grandchildren probably aren't in my future. I am okay with that. I mind my own business. I was married for 15 years before she was born and I sure got tired of everyone's opinions about when I was going to have a baby or why or why not. My husband is a commercial shrimper. I rehab wildlife...mostly possums, but also a few armadillos, and last year I raised a baby raccoon. I have raised a few raccoons over the years, but I'd rather raise possums. I am a crazy cat lady, and I adopted 20 feral and some unadoptable cats from death row at the shelter. I am also raising 7 orphan puppies, that were born March 13th.

I like horses and mules and donkeys...have 4 horses, a mule and 3 donkeys. I also raise waterlilies on a limited basis....I used to have 200 varieties and I raised goldfish and koi. I still have a few koi and raise a few goldfish. We are in the slow process of remodeling a 100 year old farmhouse. I doubt we will ever get finished. I like to go to flea markets, yard sales and auctions, and I like unusual plants...especially shrubs. I love to cook. I quit watching tv when I was in jr. high school, and still watch less than a couple of hours per week. I love staying home (fortunately because it is nigh unto impossible to leave with all the animals I have to take care of) and love nature....including those things that aren't beautiful flowers and butterflies. I hadn't ridden in 20 years so a little over a year ago, I bought a new horse, Mariah, (altho I had several old horses that I had for 30 to 25 years) and started riding again on my 68th birthday. This photo was made on my 68th birthday.

• marilyn_c
    9 years ago

I should add, I bought Mariah on Facebook. I saw a video of her, and they couldn't get her out of a trot and were whipping her. I got so mad, I bought her, and went to Mississippi to pick her up.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Marilyn, I just love that picture of you and Mariah. Is it okay if I use it as my desktop?

I'll bet she canters and gallops beautifully in your care.

• marilyn_c
    9 years ago

Of course....it will probably Keep viruses out of your computer. ;) That picture was made at a mule show. I was talking to someone, and I glanced over and saw a photographer about 30' away getting ready to take our picture. I only sort of half smiled...and later saw the picture on Facebook. She made some nice pictures of my mule at the show last year. Here is a picture of Sabrina....it was before I had my knee replaced and you can see how swollen it was.

• Else
    9 years ago

Marilyn, what a beautiful picture of you with your horse!!!
    Here are two of me; one of me digging carrots last fall, and one selfie lying down on the floor w/ my cat Josie.

• plllog
    9 years ago

How did I miss this thread? I'm JC and have been lurking in KT off and on for eight years, though rarely posting. I think the middle "preview" setting on the index draws me in more, and I've had more time recently, so I've started participating. Many of you know me from Kitchens, Appliances, and Cooking forums. For those who don't, it's 3 L's, no i's, in the screen name.

I'm SoCal born and reared, though I have lived for short stints in other interesting places. I'm a non-practicing artist and sometime consultant on color and decor. (Not an interior designer, which is a highly educated and specific field which deserves to have its identity unsullied, though there is some overlap.) More relevant than a specific number is that I'm just old enough to be irrelevant by most sociological counts, somewhere wagging the Boomers and culturally on that side of the line, but my forehead doesn't scrunch, so I look younger than I am. The rest is subject to change without warning.

• Else
    9 years ago

Glad you decided to post here, plllog! Looking forward to reading your posts!

• ont_gal
    9 years ago

Rhonda here,aka Ont_Gal,born and raised for a few years in Scarborough Ont.Moved "north" to the highlands in 1969-met husband at age 13,married @ 18,built our home,had and raised 2 kids,a girl,now 38,and a boy,now 36.Son has gifted us twice so far-I have a 9 yr. old grandson and a 7 yr.old grand daughter,and a brand new grand daughter,due this May.

I have had the opportunity to meet in person,Heather & hubby Dennis in person(Heather from the KT) and have been most fortunate to talk on the telephone to numerous others.

I've been fortunate enough to participate in a few of the KT swaps,which I truly enjoyed doing.

I separated after 30 years of marriage,left the little country town where I had raised my own farm animals for food and had a relatively large garden,which gave us all of the veggies that I canned & preserved .A dying breed of sorts in the 80's & 90's.

I lived in a city for a couple of years,divorced,and then came back to the northern area,which is actually central Ontario,where I bought myself a little house.

I have been here now for 5 years this month actually-I still can & preserve as much as possible,do my home made bread now and again,watch my grandkids whenever I'm needed,and take care of my little, now 2 yr old, Papillon boy,who is way too smart for his own good.

I'd been diagnosed with Crohns disease about 8 years ago,have been for 2 yrs. on a biologic medication and am now happy to report I am in remission.

For the first time in a very long time,I actually feel good.

I so look forward to this spring and summer doing my gardening,and my swimming pool time-that about sums it up for me!

Next!

• donna37
    9 years ago

Somehow I had missed this earlier. I'm Donna and live in S. Central MO, moved here from CA thirty years ago. Celebrated our 54th anniversary last month, my first marriage but DH's 2nd. We have a son and two DDs, and then the DD from his first marriage, 5 grandchildren and two step grandchildren and 7 greats.

Can't remember when I found Garden Web, but was way back when you paid and I was looking for garden info and wound up on Garden Junk for several years before finding the KT.

I am a retired RN, returned to college for my RN when our kids were in school and graduated in 1978 at age of 41, am now 77, soon to be 78 next month. Worked for over 15 years for the local health dept. which I helped to get started as this was one of several counties in the state that still didn't have a public health dept. Retired 10 years and have had a thrift shop for that long but closed it this past fall and just open by appointment now. Business had become so slow and some days without a customer that I decided I had better things to do at home.

We live on a 140 acre farm and DH raised cattle for about 25 years until his vision got so bad, he went blind in his left eye due to arthritis and has very limited vision in his right eye. We do have 4 horses, that belong to the grandkids that he's able to look after and occupy some of his time.

Have indoor cat, Itty and a dog, Scooter. Sophia, DGS's cat is here also and she is outside most of the time and comes in to eat, plus about 8 more outside cats.

I like to garden, crochet, simple knitting, read, embroider, work jigsaw puzzles and do some crafts. Used to go to many, many yard sales and auctions and one of the reasons I had to start my thrift shop to get rid of the surplus. lol My shop is just two miles from the house and if called I can be there in about 10 min. Had an Amish couple call me last week to do some shopping, they have to borrow a phone to contact me. :)

I need to start really, really decluttering so the kids won't have that overwhelming job when I'm gone as it's has really accumulated in the past 30 years.

Me, with my youngest DD, about 3 years ago.

• User
    9 years ago

Well, I'm Seniorgal a name I chose years ago when I was taking care of my husband and reading the Caregiver's forum

Many of you have seen my Blog page with stories of my life so i won't repeat them here .

Should you be interested use the following link:

Seniorgal

• ruthieg__tx
    9 years ago

I've done this so many times over the years it was hard to manage to do it again...I know most everyone knows me. I have been here since day one I think. Wife, Mother of 1 and 3 steps that are like my own...9 grands and 7 great grands.

Live in the country in Kerrville, TX and will be 76 this May....I am in the throes of a battle with my 3 rd cancer...and hope that the Cyberknife radiation that I went through a few months back has taken care of the latest issue. I have a Pet scan soon so I will have an answer then....Otherwise good health and still enjoy our RV trips and life in general...

• kellie_in
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi, I'm Kellie and I'm brand new to the site. I'm 48, lost my husband 2 months ago suddenly, and currently just trying to survive. I don't have any children of my own, but do have a step son who is 29. I live in Indiana.

I am a school psychologist, but have not practiced since I married in '99. I have done private tutoring since my marriage. I enjoy cooking, trying to grow flowers, and writing. I love reading and my cat. I've always had cats since I got out of grad school. Three have passed on. As my DH would say, "They're not pets. They're our family members!"

I also watch entirely too much tv. Especially right now. I think I may be addicted to binge watching shows on Netlix!

Thanks to JoAnn for inviting me here! Not quite sure how we can directly contact one another. Maybe someone can help me out? Thanks!

• liz
    8 years ago

i'm Liz...been at the KT since page one and love this place! I'm from Indiana originally but have lived in the suburbs of Atlanta, ga since 1984...married to Greg for 35 years the end of this month and have two sons, Alex, 27 and Carson 23. We are owned by three lovely collies a precious cat and one absolutely wonderful grandson!

I've worked for a major airline as a flight attendant, now in my 38th year, have no plans to retire anytime soon...I'm working on my bucket list of fun places to see! Hubster works out of the home for a computer company so he holds down the fort while I'm off flying the skies!

It's great to be posting along side such a great group of people!

• User
    8 years ago

Hi, I'm ChloeCat. I've had many screen names over the years, and I don't remember them all. Like others, I've also been here since Day One of the KT. I live in Missouri with my husband and two cats. I have an adult daughter but no grandchildren.

I love to travel, especially roadtrips in the US. We also spend a lot of time in Europe (not enough!).

• User
    8 years ago

I'm Debby from Calgary Alberta. I've had four children and I have one grandchild who is the sweetest cutest kid on the planet. :) I've been married almost 25 years. I work full time in a drug store for a major national drug store chain. I love taking pictures and am on the computer way too much, so lately I've walked away from the internet and am trying my hand at drawing, which I am so not good at. But it keeps me offline for a little while. I am an open book. This is a picture taken of me a few hours ago. I went to Cirque de Soliel with my sister. It was a Mothers Day gift from my children. When I came home, my boys had cleaned up my yard for me. I so happy! :)

• maire_cate
    8 years ago

Maire here. I've been a member since 2007 but changed my sign in name 3 or 4 years ago. I live in southern New Jersey, just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. I was a reference librarian for the Free Library of Philadelphia until DH and I started our family. We have 3 adult kids who all live within a few blocks of each other in Philly and it's so gratifying to see that they now get together on weekends or dog sit for each other. They're only 10 miles away so it's easy to pop over the Betsey Ross Bridge and join them for dinner or to see a show.

DH retired a year ago and he's still adjusting - actually I am too. I'm thrilled that he gave up his demanding profession and now he has time to relax, read and plant his beloved heirloom tomatoes. He also joined my gym and we've been eating healthier and losing weight.

We have a vacation home in NE PA in the middle of the woods and we love spending time there.

• bengardening
    7 years ago

here is the list of all of us so if the newcomers want to know about us they can read this too. If anyone wants to edit theirs they can

• JoAnn_Fla
    Original Author
    7 years ago

You can see more and our photos at the KT gathering place Our Website

you can post your photo here and I will add it on our photos :^ )

• Yayagal
    7 years ago

I'm Sheila and I have been here since 2001, I live in a seacoast town in Ma. and have a summer home in southern Maine. I've been married for 57 years, three children, three grands and a great grand on the way, yippeeeee. I love to paint, carve, do pottery, sculpt, laugh, have fun and travel. I love my live and the people in it. My motto is Faith, family and fun.