SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_ca

Chi83's wedding

Lindsey_CA
9 years ago

Chi83 -- I was remiss in not wishing you and your hubby all the best happiness upon your recent wedding. Sorry! Did you post any photos of the event? If not, and you have any pics you're willing to share, I'd love to see them.

Comments (58)

• eld6161
    9 years ago

Lovely couple! Thanks for sharing.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

I love it all!!!!!

I'm SO glad you shared your incredible day with us Chi. And you showed yourself! I'm thrilled! You two are gorgeous!!!! I'm so darned happy and I don't even know you in person. Many, many happy years ahead!

• happy2b…gw
    9 years ago

What a beautiful wedding! adorable couple. Congratulations.

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

How sweet! Thanks for sharing!

• Lindsey_CA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, the pictures brought tears of joy to my eyes! I love smaller weddings -- they're so much more personal and meaningful, in my opinion. Hubs and I were married at Tivoli Terrace (which is on the grounds of the Laguna Arts Festival), and it was also a smaller-scale wedding which is what we wanted.

I, too, am glad that you added the two photos of you (a beautiful bride!) and your handsome husband, and totally respect your choice not to show the faces of your attendants or guests.

Love your color scheme, and your dress is gorgeous. Your venue was perfect!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!

• Chi
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ellen, Jasdip, Happy, Glenda...Thank you SO much for the kind words!

Lindsey, we were married just down the street from where you were! Heritage Park in Dana Point. :) It was perfect. Thank you for your sweet comments.

I wasn't going to add a pic of us, but those last two are some of my favorites so I figured I would go for it!

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Tell your new hubby that I think he's a real hunk, and I just love your dimple :-D

• Chi
    9 years ago

lol! I will, and thank you :)

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for posting your photographs - especially the last one where you're looking up at the camera with such a happy smile. Everything looks like it came out just the way you planned it. I remember when you were posting about your wedding plans and I hoped you'd decide to share some of the pictures with us.

What a special day - it even looks like the weather cooperated. The flowers were beautiful, such a rich color combination. I'm so happy you had the wedding you dreamed about. Many, many years of happiness for you your husband.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    9 years ago

I don't know you, but I think your pictures are just terrific. They look like artwork, so beautiful. I think this is the coolest wedding I have ever seen and I bet it was a wonderful and unforgettable day!! As it should be!!

• party_music50
    9 years ago

Everything *perfect* and absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

• stacey_mb
    9 years ago

Thank you for posting your beautiful photos. I especially loved the photo of you and your husband and I just adored your gorgeous color scheme with the flowers and other decorations.

• Chi
    9 years ago

Thank you! Can you tell I love purple? haha

• sleeperblues
    9 years ago

Looks like it was a wonderful day. I love the view from your ceremony. Congratulations, may you both have much joy and happiness in your lives together.

• tami_ohio
    9 years ago

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing photos of your special day with us!

• alice_ca
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful day and a lifetime of happiness together.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    9 years ago

I guessed that you live in Chicago with your posting name. I recognized the picture. Our daughter got married a few feet from there at the Dana Point Marriott Resort lawn. You chose a beautiful location for a wedding, and your wedding looked lovely, as did you.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Everything looked beautiful, especially the bride! And how refreshing to see a small wedding for a change. What a lovely day you had.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

You are such a happy gorgeous bride and your husband, my, my, what a handsome fellow. ;)
    What a beautiful day for the two of you and the colours of your flowers are stunning. Congratulations.

What happens during the hand-fastening portion?

• Chi
    9 years ago

Thanks again everyone! You are making my day with all these wonderful comments.

Sheila, I actually made up the name when I was attending the University of Chicago. I've been reading here since I was about 18. Time flies!

blfenton, the hand-fasting (I misspoke when I called it hand-fastening) is a Celtic ceremony, mostly symbolic at this point. We had 3 different cords, in various colors symbolizing romance, unity, happiness, etc. We had DH's parents come up and drape one over our hands, and then my grandparents did a second one, and then my step-dad and his wife did the third, and then the officiant tied them in a knot over our hands while saying a blessing. I really liked involving our family in our vows.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

Oh my goodness how beautiful, everything, especially the two of you. I love purple too and I love your flowers. What a nice wedding and day. The table at the restaurant is lovely.

Thanks for sharing your day. I hope for you wonderful days and enchanting nights for eternity! Toast!

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Just beautiful, simply beautiful and elegant. The last two pictures are enchanting.

• kayjones
    9 years ago

Congratulations to both of you!

• Hellion
    9 years ago

Just saw this. Congrats!

• satine_gw
    9 years ago
    Nothing makes me happier than a wedding. Yours was so beautiful and intimate. Have many many years of happiness.
  • Alisande
    9 years ago

If you ever consider a career change, I suggest wedding planning! Your wedding looks absolutely perfect, and those pictures could be in Martha Stewart Living or the most elegant wedding magazine. And you did it all without becoming a bridezilla! :-)

Just lovely, Chi, especially you.

• FlamingO in AR
    9 years ago

Beautiful photos and it sounds like the perfect ceremony and celebration! Thanks for giving us a peek!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Perfect in every way! Just beautiful. Congratulations to you both.

• Tally
    9 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful! And the best pictures were the last two. Such a handsome couple. Blessings on your marriage.

• marylmi
    9 years ago

Beautiful wedding! Congratulations!

• Kathsgrdn
    9 years ago

Love your wedding colors. Congratulations!

• pam_25f
    9 years ago

Your pictures are wonderful. I love your colores, setting, flowers, gown...everything. You look lovely and happy.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    9 years ago

What a beautiful ceremony and receptions! You are a gorgeous couple too! Thank you for sharing your special day with us!

• sjerin
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, all of it and you two as well!!! I feel like I'm repeating everyone else's comments but they are so true--you created a perfectly beautiful wedding. I am still bowled over by the fact that you made the brunch yourself--I sure hope you had help in setting it up!

What is a sand ceremony? I'm so glad you posted your pictures as you are indeed the face of a glowing bride.

• Cherryfizz
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Love the flowers and your decorations and the colours you used. Beautiful bride and handsome groom.

• Sue_va
    9 years ago

A perfect wedding! So beautiful and meaningful. I love the hand-fasting ceremoney; so unigue and loving. Great pictures tell the story even better than words could. I'm sure you will have a happy life, based on what I see here. Congratulations.

• janey_alabama
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!! Wishing you both many years of happiness!!

• chisue
    9 years ago

I remember reading something you wrote quite a while ago. You talked about putting up with trouble from your cats, but that at least you had them to greet you when you came home. I thought, "Oh, no, this special gal shouldn't be turning into the spinster cat lady!" Hah! Next thing I knew you were posting about planning your wedding!

I never thought you would share photos on the KT, but am delighted that you did. (Your proclaimed privacy is why I never inquired/congratulated online.) Now I can express my happiness at your happiness and wish you and your DH a wonderful future *together*. You created a memorable wedding ceremony and celebration. It's a treat to see the beautiful preparations and especially to see the happy couple on their special day.

I'm also amazed that you have been reading KT from age 18. You can probably tell us all about ourselves! LOL Have *we* done any growing up?

• joyfulguy
    9 years ago

What a lovely, memorable wedding!

May you have many happy years together .

ole joyful

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Wow! Every part of your wedding looks special and gorgeous. I actually love the pictures the way you posted them without faces as it allowed me to focus on the beautiful details. I used to live just up the hill from your wedding location. Now, I live a few miles up the coast, but I still go down to DP for Costco and whale watching cruises. Congratulations and best wishes!!!

• kittiemom
    9 years ago

Your pics are lovely; thanks for sharing. What a beautiful wedding! Best wishes!

• phyllis__mn
    9 years ago

Just coming in here, but want to thank you for posting the pictures of your lovely wedding, and of you.

• ruthieg_tx
    9 years ago

I'm so happy you shared...Beautiful what more can I say that hasn't already been said...thanks so much and congrats.

• dees_1
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I like seeing weddings planned specifically to please the bride and not to make a big hoo-ha for others. The event looked stunning, as did you and your groom. Congratulations!

• Adella Bedella
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I love all your colors.

• ilovewine1
    9 years ago

Peace and Love to you both~

• lisa_fla
    9 years ago

What beautiful pictures! I truly enjoyed them like someone else said, it could be a magazine spread Its very well thought out and picture perfect

• nicole___
    9 years ago

Your pictures look very professional! A lovely event!

I wish you many years of happiness!

• ont_gal
    9 years ago

Simply gorgeous......LOVED your pics,thank you for sharing and wishing you many many years of bliss.